Politics: ENOUGH ALREADY

I DO NOT GO INTO DETAIL ABOUT THIS TOPIC SO NO NEED TO WORRY.

So, my mother? WOULD NOT STOP TALKING ABOUT POLITICS!

We're at her hair stylist's house getting her hair done (obviously). You know, there are plenty of topics of conversation. Weekend plans, plans for the summer, what they had been up to. Politics should not be an option.

I don't want to go too much into detail because I try to avoid getting too political in these rants, but she claims (key word being CLAIMS) that she tries not to talk about it in front of me.

Well clearly, she doesn't try hard enough. Everyone she talks with on the phone, everyone she sees outside the house (family, friends), she talks about politics. Politics, politics, politics. Blah, blah, blah.

I'm at someone else's house so it's not like I could go anywhere to block her out.

I just don't understand why she can't stop talking or complaining about it as if that would change anything! As I mentioned in a previous, familiar rant, bitching about it isn't gonna do shit.

What makes it worse is that her hair stylist is just as interested in the topic as she is so she engages in the conversation and even asks questions, encouraging my mother to talk nonstop about this pointless shit.

It's long over now. I mean, they're done talking about it, but it's the idea that every time she sees her, politics somehow gets brought up.

Like, we're about to have a busy, fun weekend with my grammy's party, Father's day and all our family coming to town (which is a once in a lifetime thing) so if she continues to bitch about this all weekend, she might as well put a gun to my head and pull the trigger until my brain is all over the wall (that was too descriptive. Sorry about that) because that still wouldn't be as painful as listening to her bitch about this shit.

I'm sorry for rambling. I didn't want this rant to be TOO short so I've been typing to, at least, get to 300-350 words lol!

Anyway, it's annoying as hell to listen to all of that. I just want to keep my faith in the Lord that everything will work itself out.

If y'all are Manifest fans, you should know the frequently-mentioned Bible verse: "All things work together for good. Romans: 828" (the only verse I know because of the show lol), but it applies to the political situation.