"I had no idea you were hurting that much", Fred said with a worried frown. "'Cause when we would cuddle that was all I needed in that moment most of the time. I didn't... didn't need the talking or the discussing of emotions and all that. I just... needed to feel you and be held", Josh said. "But as soon as you got out of bed in the morning... then I did need that", Josh said. "I wanted the talking and the discussing of emotions and where we were at and all that", he said. "Holding hands and forehead kisses and that stuff. Made me feel... well, I guess pretty miserable, when it felt like we were a secret we somehow swore to never talk about", Josh said.

"But I'm really glad I now know that's not what it was like at all", he said. "Not at all", Fred assured him. "Never meant for you to feel that way. I was trying to respect you more than anything", he said.

"If that was respecting me, then please disrespect me", Josh said, which made them both laugh. "Man, didn't know I had that kinda kinky boyfriend", Fred said, which made Josh blush as he laughed. "Shush it", he giggled, which made Fred smile as he hugged Josh. "You're not my secret, I don't want us to be a secret. I want everyone to know you're mine, I promise you", Fred told him. "Tomorrow I'll show the entire world. If you'll allow me", he said.

"Please. Yes", Josh said. "I really want that."

//

The next day, Fred held Josh's hand everywhere they went. He had his arm around him, he kissed him in the hallways before class as he held both of his hands. He hugged him as they saw each other and he kissed his forehead right before he left for class. During the lunch, his friends were all over the moon to see that Fred and Josh were finally together, truly, and Josh leaned over to Colin.

"Now tell her. If she doesn't feel the same then you'll still be friends. If she does, you'll be the happiest man in the world", Josh tried to encourage Colin. "It will pay off."

And he truly wanted to tell her, even more now than before. He saw how Josh told Fred how he felt and it genuinely paid off like he said; he saw Josh's happy smile and how he couldn't let go of Fred. He wanted that too.

"I'll tell her tomorrow. We're going to a museum for a project then", he said. "That's perfect. I love you C, I know she does too", Josh said. "God I hope you're right", Colin sighed softly.

As they'd finished their food and Josh was eager to make out more with Fred, he let out a laugh. "I will say we can hug and kiss every time we're in public with friends but I won't make out each time because I don't wanna make things awkward for them", Fred said.

"But I will also say that right now I will 'cause I can't resist you", he smiled, making Josh giggle, and he let his lover kiss him deeply.

"We don't mind, love birds! You just got together!" Gracie said. "We love that for you!!"

As they pulled back and Fred wrapped Josh in his arms, Josh smiled and he glanced around until he tensed up when his eyes met Dustin's in the distance. He wanted to look away and hide, but instead, he stared back at him. Fred kissed his hair and held him tighter, nuzzling his nose in Josh's curls; Josh was pretty sure that he hadn't even noticed Dustin in the distance, which is what Josh wanted. He didn't want Fred to do something just to piss Dustin off. He wanted it to be genuine and still kind of rub it in Dustin's face just so Josh could have a little bit of payback too.

He was lovable. He was loved by Fred. The person Dustin was convinced he'd scared off and didn't want anything to do with him. No, quite the opposite; Fred told him he was obsessed with him. Obviously not in the truly weirdly creepy stalker kind of way, but in the I-don't-want-anything-else-but-to-be-with-you way. That's exactly what Josh felt like he needed.