Chapter 394: You're here

Takahara Kei headed straight to the rooftop of the villa after leaving the reception room.

There, two bodyguards dressed in black uniforms stood guard over the entrance of the loft. They respectfully greeted him when they saw him ascending the stairs. "Boss," they acknowledged in salutation.

"You two can go, and take three days off. I will still pay you," Takahara Kei said with a bright smile on his face.

Although they were uncertain why their boss would instruct them to do so, these two bodyguards were experienced enough not to ask questions. They bowed and responded, "Understood!"

They turned around and walked down from the loft, then left the villa immediately.

Takahara Kei opened the door to the loft. The room was relatively small, but it was well-furnished and cozy. The dominant color theme of the room was pink. Even the furniture was in the same color theme, and there were several plush teddy bears of different sizes laying around. Plastered on one wall was a poster of a popular Ri Nation music band.

A girl sat on the enormous bed in the middle of the room. She leaned against the headboard, mumbling to herself while cutting a photo with a pair of scissors. Scattered all over the floor were countless cut pieces of that photo. Littered all over the floor were little cuttings of other photographs she had cut up earlier.

The girl sneered when she saw Takahara Kei walking over and continued cutting the photo in her hand. It was as if she was pouring all her anger into the act.

"Keika."

Takahara Kei walked over with a face full of love and sat beside her. He then realized that the photo his daughter was cutting was his. They were photos he had taken when he met with clients or when he was in discussions on projects. He had a sad smile when he asked, "Do you hate daddy that much?"

He did not tell Takahara Keika that the person with her that night was the Thousand-Faced Killer, Xiao Han. The man who had recently struck fear into the hearts of many Ri Nation citizens. He did not want to scare or traumatize her.

"Yes, I hate you! I hate you to the core!"

Takahara Keika gritted her teeth and screamed, "All you ever care about is your career, right? Go then, do your thing. Why did you come here? I am sick and tired of seeing you put on an act. You always pretend that you care for me!"

Takahara Kei had an agonized look on his face. He placed his hand on top of his daughter's head, pouring with heartfelt and genuine love. It showed in his eyes."No father in this world would not worry and not care for his daughter," he said.

"Humph!" Takahara Keika snorted before turning her head away.

Takahara Kei sighed and said, "I did not even realize that my Keika has grown into such a graceful young lady."

"Tsk!" Takahara Keika was a little taken aback, but turned her head away and pretended not to hear a word he had said.

Takahara Kei had mixed feelings when he looked at his daughter. Knowing that his impending death was approaching had jolted him from his obsession with his business empire, and he had almost forgotten that his daughter was now a young lady. He could vividly remember Takahara Keika when she was still in elementary school. She was that little girl with a bright smile who would sit on his shoulders and hold on to his head. In his mind, she was still that little girl.

Where was I when she needed me?

The number of times that Takahara Kei had accompanied his daughter was simply too few. In all honesty, he hardly did. It was no wonder that during his divorce, his wife had complained that his family was not a priority to him at all, instead, it had been all about the company and money. He never understood it back then. But at this moment, he finally realized what his wife meant and why his daughter had become so rebellious.