Chapter 311: Let go

What! You mean you haven't found a lawyer yet?

Both Su Li and Luo Pingxiang were stunned. Then what compelled Jia Zhengyi to make a public apology? Was it because he felt remorseful and succumbed to his own conscience?

"Have you really not found a lawyer to sue Jia Zhengyi yet?" Su Li asked again, just to confirm the matter.

Chai Zhiying nodded her head and replied, "That's right. Preparing for the press conference has kept me so busy that I barely had time to do anything else. Look, I even have to come over here just to take a sip of water."

"Then why did Jia Zhengyi apologize to sis Li?" Luo Pingxiang asked.

"What? Jia Zhengyi has already apologized to Li Li?" Chai Zhiying exclaimed with an incredulous look on her face.

"That's right, Sis Zhiying. He posted it on Weibo. He even wrote an apology letter that was more than a hundred words long to publicly apologized to sister. It has gone viral on the internet already," Luo Pingxiang replied.

On hearing that, Chai Zhiying quickly took out her phone and logged in to Weibo. After scrolling through the posts, she looked even more surprised and said, "My, he really did that! So, what in the world happened to Jia Zhengyi? Why did he suddenly change to become a different person overnight?"

Chai Zhiying was as surprised as everyone else to find out that Jia Zhengyi had even made a public apology, and she was curious. How was it that only yesterday, he was abusing Su Li with rude and vulgar words like a mad dog, but suddenly he decided to apologize? It all seemed like a ridiculous joke.

"All the things he posted did have a bad influence on society, so perhaps the relevant department gave him some sort of warning," Luo Pingxiang opined.

"Forget it, let's put this issue aside for now and not talk about that b*stard any more."

Chai Zhiying put the empty teacup down and took a deep breath. "Li Li, the press conference tomorrow is crucial. It's going to determine whether you can get out of this public relations crisis. No matter what kind of tricky questions the reporters ask, you should not admit that you're married at all costs. Grit your teeth and just say that both of you are just good friends, got it?" she said.

"You should know this well. Being married or not does have a significant impact on the popularity of a female celebrity. As long as the public is convinced that you are not married, or don't have a boyfriend, and are still single, then I assure you, this public relations crisis will disappear really quickly."

Su Li did not reply to her. She looked unfocused, and her mind was a thousand miles away.

...

Xiao Luo had been wandering around Xiahai City aimlessly after leaving Jia Zhengyi's residential area.

Whether it was the giant LED advertising screen in a shopping mall, a newspaper kiosk by the roadside, or people walking by in the streets, he would constantly see and hear news related to Su Li everywhere he went—and almost all of them were negative. It was as if the entire world felt cheated by Su Li, and they were all scolding and reprimanding her.

Well, since you've worn the crown, then you ought to know how heavy it is!

Although it was all a mistake and they seemed to be an odd couple, he couldn't change the fact that she was his nominal wife. Xiao Luo was deeply affected by this and had an overwhelming impulse to destroy this entire world.

As Xiao Luo was wallowing in sorrow, Ji Siying suddenly called him.

Xiao Luo immediately picked up the call. "Siying," he answered.