Chapter 313: I'm Married

In the afternoon, Su Li brought Su Xiaobei over to Xiao Luo's apartment before heading for the press conference.

"I was at fault for what happened this morning, I shouldn't have..." Su Li tried to apologize.

However, Xiao Luo did not even look at her. He picked up Su Xiaobei and cut Su Li off in the middle of her explanation. "You don't have to apologize, you did nothing wrong, you were just showing your true nature that's all," he said.

What did he mean by showing my true nature?

Su Li became annoyed all of a sudden. She had already put aside her pride to apologize to him. In truth, this was something she would never do, and it was a first for her, so it wasn't easy. It was bad enough that her apology had no effect whatsoever; she was even given the cold shoulder—it was like sticking a warm face into a cold b*tt!

"How narrow-minded!"

She fumed, turned around, and immediately left his apartment. Along with Chai Zhiying and Luo Pingxiang, they headed for the press conference.

Xiao Luo stared at her and then closed the door. He smiled as he turned his attention to Su Xiaobei and asked, "Is Daddy narrow-minded?"

"What is the meaning of narrow-minded?" the little girl asked, blinking her huge eyes.

"It means being ungenerous, shallow, short-sighted, and always being having a suspicious mindset. It also means being a chauvinist when it comes to handling trivial matters and many more," Xiao Luo said, waffling as he tried explaining to her.

The little girl shook her head and asked, "Daddy, what does 'ungenerous' and 'shallow' mean?"

There were not many words that she could understand, and she was utterly overwhelmed by those.

Xiao Luo chuckled and said, "Forget it, let's go watch some cartoon instead."

"Alright, I want to watch Logger Vick, Briar and Bramble from Boonie Bears!"

As soon as he mentioned watching cartoons, Su Xiaobei became very animated and started to cheer excitedly.

...

At Su Li's press conference, the hall was packed and bustling with a crowd of people. Personalities from Xiahai Satellite TV and online programs were ready and eager to broadcast the press conference live.

Xiao Luo was sitting on the sofa, as Su Xiaobei sat on his lap watching cartoons. Xiao Luo, on the other hand, was on his phone watching Su Li's press conference.

The woman wore a long orange dress. The slit of her dress reached her thigh, and she tied a red strap around her waist. On her feet, she wore a pair of black sneakers. They were a casual match, but she looked stylish and was still elegant enough to suffocate any man who looked at her. Especially those pair of slender legs that were long and fair, so enticing it made one have the urge to give it a tiny pinch.

She stood on the stage covered in red carpet, and there were all kinds of lights beaming down toward her. Reporters were continually taking pictures, causing their cameras to flash non-stop.

"If any of you have any questions, you can start asking them. Please do so one at a time and I suggest that those of you with questions, please raise your hands for the sake of good order. The girl in the red shirt, you can ask the first question," Chai Zhiying said, as she stood on stage with a microphone in hand. She would ensure that the press conference was run in an orderly manner.

The girl in the red shirt stood up, looked at Su Li on stage, and asked, "Ms. Su, according to reliable sources, Huangpu has already terminated their contract with you and they plan to drop you completely. What are your views regarding this matter?"