Chapter 347: Open-minded

Running, hiding, running, hiding... Xiao Luo pushed his abilities to the limit and rushed forward, all the while carrying Sarah Michelle with him. He constantly shifted to his left and right, running starts and stops to deceive the shooters. In this way, he was able to dodge the incoming shot from the small arms and the L115A3 sniper rifle that used thermal imaging to detect targets behind cover. Even RPG rounds were fired to flush Xiao Luo out in the open.

"Sh*t, is that guy a martial arts expert from the Hua Nation? He's carrying a woman with him and is still moving around with the agility of an ape in the jungle," Evil Dragon growled. He gritted his teeth and slammed his hands on the vehicle after the thermal sensor lost sight of Xiao Luo once again.

In the other vehicle, Khun Sa lit up another cigar. He had a pair of cold, heartless eyes that looked aged due to the dark eye-bags, visible even behind his glasses. "Wouldn't it be very boring if we could kill him that easily?" he said.

They didn't use the thermal sensor when dealing with Sarah Michelle because they clearly didn't need to at all. One wouldn't use a sledgehammer on a nut. Besides, he was waiting for Xiao Luo to appear and was not as anxious as to know whether they could find Sarah Michelle.

"Boss, the SEAL team must be on their way here. I reckon we'll be a bit of a pickle if they were to join the fight. We might have a hard time dealing with them," Skeleton said.

Khun Sa smiled coldly. "You're talking about babies who are still drinking milk. No matter how many of them there are, they're nothing but a bunch of trash. There's no need to be afraid of them," he said, "But this 'Mie,' he's a thorn in our side, and we can't let him leave Libya alive no matter what it takes."

His eyes were filled with murderous intent as he said this.

"Understood."

Evil Dragon and Skeleton acknowledged their master. They then passed down the order to everyone else to conduct a thorough search. They secretly had people guarding every single exit, and unless they jumped into a river, there was no way they could escape from Brewer City. But Sarah Michelle was a landlubber based on the information that they had gathered. She couldn't swim, so it was almost impossible for her to swim across a river.

...

Xiao Luo, carrying Sarah, stopped at an abandoned factory somewhere Southeast of where they started. The advanced weapons that Khun Sa and his men had employed so far exceeded what he had expected. But, the most important thing here was that he still had to bear with him a woman who barely had the strength to truss up a chicken.

It would be unprofessional to sacrifice this woman who had no relationship with him whatsoever just so he could kill Khun Sa. But, Xiao Luo had other ideas, and he would do that if he was out of all other options. But, as long as there was an inkling of hope, he would still do all he could to protect and ensure the safety of this woman. As an NSA agent, he still had to do his best to fulfill the mission assigned to him from above.

"Here, this is something for you to eat!"

Xiao Luo handed some hardtack that he brought along with him to Sarah.

Sarah sat on a beam on the floor and, with her eyes wide open, looked at the man of many surprises. When she was on this man's back earlier on, bumping and bouncing along with him, it felt like she was in a dream. Besides, he was still in complete control even after jumping off the second floor with her on his back, and she found it incredible.

She took the hardtack from Xiao Luo. "Mr. Mie, are the techniques you used earlier on the legendary qinggong from Hua Nation?" she asked.

"Mm-hmm."