Chapter 297: Three Stages of Pain

With Guo Taining's curt response, the enthusiasm in Si Yueting and Liu Yiyao immediately vanished into thin air. There didn't seem to be even a glimmer of hope, for Director Guo was set in his ways and circumspect by nature. The girls believed that it was impossible to change his mind. They glanced at Xiao Luo dejectedly with looks of defeat on their faces.

"A regular person speaks 300 words in a minute, so 100 words would take approximately 20 seconds. Director Guo is only allowing me to speak for 20 seconds. Are you sure that this is an opportunity?" Xiao Luo said.

Hmm?

Guo Taining, who was still focused on his medical book, looked up and shot a glance at Xiao Luo. "You're a rather interesting young man. I can change the rule since you think that it is too unfair," he said, "Recently, one of my friends purchased a batch of men's socks, where each pair costs a thousand dollars. Most people flinched at its price, and the socks were left unsold in the shopping mall. Since you are a salesperson, you must be good at promoting things, do you think you can solve this problem for him?"

A thousand dollars for a pair of socks?

God, how was it possible to sell them? No matter how wealthy a man was, he would not spend a thousand dollars on a pair of socks.

Si Yueting and Liu Yiyao were vexed; this was even more challenging than the hundred-word challenge. It appeared that Guo Taining was deliberately making things difficult for them.

Of course, they didn't say that out loud. The two of them were not able to come up with an answer even after racking their brains because, according to their knowledge, regular guys could buy three pairs of socks for just ten dollars. Whoever willing to spend a thousand dollars on a pair of socks must be crazy.

Guo Taining shifted his gaze back to his book indifferently and said, "A few of my former classmates who are now professors helped analyze the situation and concluded that the only solution was to write this batch of socks off."

Si Yueting and Liu Yiyao both thought to themselves, who would be stupid enough to spend a thousand dollars on a pair of socks?

"Director Guo, I have an idea, and your friend could give it a try," Xiao Luo said.

"Oh? What is that idea?" Guo Taining asked, looking up again.

Xiao Luo smiled and said, "Since no man would buy those socks, why not sell them to women?"

Si Yueting and Liu Yiyao's hearts sank when they heard what Xiao Luo said. Si Yueting reminded him in a hushed tone, "Brother Luo, those are men's socks, not women's, why would any woman want to buy them?"

Guo Taining kept silent for a moment, then smiled at Xiao Luo and said, "Just like this young lady said, those socks are for men, women buying men's socks, don't you find it weird?"

"Weird? Actually, not at all."

Calmly, Xiao Luo explained, "Display this batch of expensive socks beside some high-end cosmetic products. After a woman spends thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars on cosmetics, feel a little guilty for splurging on herself. And if she has even a teensy bit of affection for her husband, she would, deep down in her heart, feel anxious for not thinking or caring about her husband enough. And, at this very moment, when she turns around and sees the socks that cost a thousand dollars, her anxiety and guilt will immediately drive her to get a pair of those for her husband. And, undoubtedly, she will now go home with pride and be more open with her husband about having gone shopping. This is how you can sell the socks."

Oh, my God!

Si Yueting and Liu Yiyao were astonished after hearing what Xiao Luo had said, and they looked at him as if he was an alien. His way of thinking was awe-inspiring, selling men's socks to women; just how did he come up with that idea? How was he able to think of that?