Chapter 267: Chatting

Soon, Xiao Luo cooked up a dish made up of chopped mixed greens and diced yam, which resembled a very thick rice porridge in texture. He also prepared a Chinese-style fried tomato omelet, and both dishes would be served along with rice.

"What's this?" Su Li asked, pointing at the porridge-like dish.

"It's a specialty from my hometown, it's what we call 'green taro paste.'"

Su Li scooped a small portion of the gruel with a spoon and wondered if it was palatable, or even edible!

She had never seen such dishes before, but she saw that he prepared this dish by chopping up the greens, mixing it with boiled yam, and allowing it to simmer in a pot, before mashing them into a paste.

"Why don't you try it? It goes pretty well with rice," Xiao Luo said. He did not say too much and went back to the kitchen to clean up.

Growl~

Su Li's stomach seemed to be complaining again, and she was promptly reminded of how hungry she really was.

She decided to dig in and worry about it after the meal.

She scooped herself a bowl of rice and tried the tomato omelet first, which looked more familiar than the green taro paste.

She was a little skeptical initially, expecting the food to taste terrible, but she was mistaken and immediately realized how wrong she was the moment she took the first bite. She had had plenty of Chinese-style tomato omelets before, but the one Xiao Luo had prepared was quite special. It had a unique flavor, and although it didn't look as appealing as those made by restaurant chefs, it had a silky smooth texture and its taste was heavenly.

She couldn't stop after the first bite and soon gorged herself indulgently.

Before she knew it, she had polished off the entire plate of fried tomato omelet.

When Su Li realized it, she was astounded as she had not expected to finish everything. She certainly felt somewhat embarrassed by it.

She looked at the empty plate in disbelief, for, regardless of the circumstances and no matter how delicious the dishes were, she would usually leave a portion behind as etiquette, and for the sake of her image.

She put it down to the hunger... yes, that was it, she was famished!

At least, that was what she kept telling herself...

Then, her eyes shifted over to the green taro paste. Su Li held her spoon ready to scoop a portion, then she hesitated, unsure if she should eat it. But, as the fried tomato omelet tasted delicious, she decided that this dish may not disappoint.

She scooped some of the green taro paste tentatively and put it into her bowl of rice. But, as she was about to try the dish, she felt a wave of excitement from its aroma, and, in her anticipation, even her pinky was sticking upward.

The moment Su Li put the spoon in her mouth, it almost seemed like she was about to frown, but within moments, a look of pure ecstasy formed on her face. The green taro paste was divinely delicious, it was fresh and light, and a treat on the palate. She enjoyed the dish immensely and continued scooping more of the taro paste from the bowl.

After Xiao Luo had cleaned up in the kitchen, he returned to the hall and saw that Su Li had finished her late dinner. She was already gracefully wiping her mouth with a serviette.

She looked contented, and the two empty dishes sat conspicuously in front of her.

"You've finished everything?"

Xiao Luo looked slightly surprised as the portions he had prepared were quite large, even for an adult male; therefore, he had not expected Su Li to finish everything.