Chapter 215: You're Making Fun of Me

Su Li patiently signed on all the items placed before her, as Zhang Dashan and the policewoman stood eagerly waiting for their items to be marked. Su Li’s strokes were artistic and elegant, and her signature’s aesthetic beauty could be considered an art in itself.

“Thank you, Goddess Su Li!”

Zhang Dashan was overcome with joy. His eyes glazed dreamily as he stood admiring the items with Su Li had autographed. It was if he was staring at a heap of priceless treasure.

The policewoman was elated when she was handed back her signed notebook, carefully placing it back in her pocket.

When she finished the task, Su Li looked up with her bewitching eyes and gave them both a polite smile. She did not say a word but only took Su Xiaobei by the hand and made ready to leave.

Although Bei Bei was only three years old, she was undoubtedly much more mature than an average girl of her age. But when she realized that she was about to leave for good, the little child within emerged. She gazed at Xiao Luo, and suddenly burst into tears. She stretched her arms out toward Xiao Luo, and she was unwilling to leave.

“Daddy, daddy…!”

She cried miserably as tears rolled down her cheeks. She had to catch her breath in between sobs, and her eyes were all red and puffed up.

Su Li stopped at the door, turned around, and glanced at Xiao Luo, a look of surprise showed on her face. Su Xiaobei was an adopted child, and she was very sure who the biological father was. This person standing in front of her was definitely not him! What surprised her, even more, was that Su Xiaobei did not easily attach to anyone, especially a stranger. What made this man so different? She knitted her brows at the thought, feeling a sense of frustration.

“Su Xiaobei, I just told you, he isn’t your father,” Su Li said. She appeared a little agitated.

“No! I know he’s Bei Bei’s daddy, he’s my daddy in my dream. Mommy, you said that daddy lives here, you said so. Bei Bei has found him, why do you say that he’s not my daddy?”

Su Li felt the blood rush to her head, and her thoughts were cluttered. Su Xiaobei absolutely refused to budge, and Su Li, for the first time, was at a loss of what to do. She had coaxed the little girl into coming to Jiangcheng by convincing her that her father was here. It was bad enough she had to lie to get the child to come along for the trip, but it all turned into a nightmare when she was abducted while out for a walk with Su Li’s assistant. She was miraculously returned after a day, but now Su Xiaobei was insisting that a complete stranger was her father. Who could even believe that things could turn out the way it did?

Xiao Luo walked up to Bei Bei and gave her a big, warm smile. He playfully rubbed Su Xiaobei’s nose with his finger and said, “Bei Bei, you have to go home with mommy now. But I’ll go to see you when I have time, okay?”

“Really?”

Su Xiaobei stopped crying immediately. She was pouting as she looked at him with teary eyes.

“Yeah, really. I won’t lie to you,” Xiao Luo said, looking at her with reassuringly.

“Pinky promise?”

Su Xiaobei raised her little hand to Xiao Luo with her pinky sticking out, still sniffling.

A pinky promise?

Xiao Luo smiled, shaking his head and gently hooked his own pinky with her tiny finger.

“Our promise will last until the end of the world. Whoever that breaks this promise will reborn as a puppy!”