Chapter 229: The Righteousness of a Benevolent Person

When Xiao Luo walked down to the first floor and showed himself, the Madam Dongzhao immediately pounced on him as if she was mad. If it wasn’t for Xiao Ping and a few women holding her back, she would have scratched Xiao Luo with her fingernails.

“Luozi, what are you doing out here? Go back, quick!”

Xiao Ping shouted urgently, it was the worst time possible for Xiao Luo to appear. Let Madam Dongzhao cry all she wanted, after a good while, she would definitely leave in shame.

Xiao Luo smiled faintly and shook his head. “I must still face what I have to face. Let go of Madam Dongzhao, you all.”

Let go of this mad woman?

The crowd was stunned, what kind of international joke was this, she looked like she was all set to rip you apart.

Madam Dongzhao aunt stared at Xiao Luo viciously, shouting with all her might, “Xiao Luo, you unthankful ingrate, how dare you hit my son Dongzi, has your conscience been eaten by a dog? He has always treated you like a brother, how could you beat him up so badly? You guys, let go of me, I’m going to fight this ingrate with my life!”

Xiao Ping looked at Xiao Luo with a questioning look, which meant to ask whether the latter was sure about them letting go.

Xiao Luo nodded and waved his hand, indicating that it was fine. He even asked Ji Siying to persuade his grandparents to go back into the house. Elderly people could not take such conflicts and their health was more important.

As motioned by Xiao Luo, Xiao Ping and the group let go of Madam Dongzhao.

With no one stopping her anymore, Madam Dongzhao rushed towards Xiao Luo in big strides. “I’ll beat you to death, you ingrate!”

She roughly shoved and punched Xiao Luo, and she became so emotional that she actually ended up pulling off the silver hair stick on her head and stabbed it down ferociously on Xiao Luo’s left shoulder.

“Pfft~”

The hair stick was very sharp, about one centimeter of it pierced into Xiao Luo’s flesh, and blood immediately seeped out from the wound.

Not only was the crowd stunned, even Madam Dongzhao’s heart thudded as she looked at Xiao Luo with widened eyes: “You… Why didn’t you avoid it?”

“Are you less angry now?”

Xiao Luo smiled and asked, he could have avoided it, but he didn’t. Just like Aunt Taoxiu, this Madam Dongzhao had a high status in his heart.

Looking at his sincere and clear eyes, Madam Dongzhao panicked and subconsciously took a few steps back.

Xiao Luo pulled out the hair stick from his left shoulder and handed it back to her, but when she saw the blood on the hair stick, she didn’t take it back immediately, instead hesitating for a moment before taking it back. She suddenly felt ashamed and wanted to tell Xiao Luo to go and tend to the wound.

“If your anger has subsided, I’ll have a good talk with you, Madam Dongzhao.”

Xiao Luo slowly said, “You said that Winter Melon has been treating me like a brother, but did he really? Ever since he enjoyed success in his career, he has been stressing that I, who had gone to college, is not as successful as him, who hadn’t gone to college, publicly claiming that I’m worthless person and causing other people to criticize me behind my back. I put up with it and didn’t bother to fight it out with him.

“This year, when I came home, I just happened to run into him in the city, so I took his car back. It was already later than nine o’clock in the evening when we reached the village. He simply left me alone by the roadside before the bend, in the middle of nowhere, when it was still raining. I do not have an umbrella with me, so I stood there in the rain the whole time, waiting for my father to pick me up. This I have also put up with, and similarly I did not bother to pick a fight with him.