Chapter 340: Still not Dying Even with This?

Was this really the Xiao Luo she knew from university?

In the vehicle, Tang Wantian was lost in her thoughts as she sat silently next to Xiao Luo. She took a glance at him—he had sharp-looking eyes and a handsome but grim face that had the edge of a steel blade. He seemed so familiar but yet unfamiliar at the same time. She suddenly realized that this man was the hardest to read among her circle of university friends and the most enigmatic.

At around two in the afternoon, they finally arrived at their destination— Stantine City.

The city was already in ruins, torn apart by relentless artillery fire. Shops, buildings, roads... almost everything they saw had been destroyed. It was a disaster zone—bullet holes, bomb craters, bricks, and debris were strewn all over the place. It couldn't be called a city anymore but was more like a wasteland. Desolation was the central theme when one walked here.

After the Special Operations team arrived, they met up with elements of the Government Army. Their troops were decked up in light-colored uniforms. They had already driven the rebel forces out and taken back this city, and the Hua Nation soldiers were rightly impressed by their splendid performance. On hearing that the Special Operations team was coming, the Government Army's supreme commander ordered a non-commissioned officer, acting as a guide, to welcome them. They were then brought to the Xiahe Electronics Manufacturing Factory, where the fifty Hua Nation citizens were located.

"Have you seen this American woman?"

Xiao Luo asked the Libyan army guide in the local dialect and showed him a picture of Sarah Michelle.

This guide had earlier introduced himself to Xiao Luo and his group. He was a sergeant, and his name was Hamis. Unlike everyone else they had met on their way here, he was a Libyan who had very East Asian features.

Hamis took a close look at the picture in Xiao Luo's hand and shook his head. "I'm very sorry, but I've never seen anyone that looks like her. In fact, we've never met anyone from America," he said, "The American embassy shut down at the start of the war and they brought all their citizens with them and left our country."

"Thank you."

Xiao Luo slid the picture back in his vest pocket, and although the guide did not provide any sort of useful information or help, he thanked him anyway.

Hamis smiled and said, "You're welcome, it is my honor."

Xiao Luo could actually speak the Libyan language so fluently?!

Tang Wantian was shocked. The things that she had learned about Xiao Luo had far exceeded her expectations. But she snapped out of it when she saw the picture that Xiao Luo showed earlier and asked, "Xiao Luo, are you looking for Sarah Michelle?"

Xiao Luo turned his head around in surprise and asked, "Do you know her?"

He was startled that Tang Wantian recognized Sarah Michelle and hoped she knew her whereabouts.

Tang Wantian nodded her head and said, "She is a famous personality in journalism. Regardless of which part of the world it is, she'll be there as long as there is war. Every reporter respects her, and although she is pretty young, she's brave, fearless, and is a role model for reporters the world over. She will get in no matter what, to discover and report on the latest news. The reason why I decided to come to Libya, was partly because of her inspiration."

Xiao Luo couldn't help but reprimand her once again. "That's why I said you're so foolish. She has strong and powerful backing from the Michelle family. Going to warzones to take pictures for news... she most probably has a dozen well-trained and armed bodyguards right behind her. But you're just here by yourself. It's like walking on tightropes—she has a safety rope, but you don't. If you fall, you're going to be smashed to smithereens, do you even understand that?"