Chapter 358: Kill Me If You Want

"Captain, Squad 1 down, Squad 1 down. Requesting backup, requesting backup!"

There was a frantic voice coming from the walkie-talkie. The gunshots rang out without end in the forest, shattering the silence, and the leader of Squad 1 was shouting through his walkie-talkie, but then all sounds ceased suddenly. Soon after, he could make out several grunts, and it was clear as day that he had been killed, most likely by having his throats slit.

"Damn it, all of you head toward the area that Squad 1 was combing. Hurry!"

As the whole company's commanding officer, Powell quickly gave out the order then headed toward where Squad 1 had been at top speed.

As soon as that order was given out, there was another voice coming from the walkie-talkie.

"Captain, Squad 2 has been hit. He's too quick, we can't hit him!"

Why was it Squad 2 this time?

There were at least 500 meters between the areas that Squads 1 and 2 were combing. Just how had Mie managed to cross the area and take out the Squad 2 members in such a short time?

"Just what are we fighting against, Captain? A ghost?"

Rice could not help the cold sweat forming on his entire body. It was at this moment that he realized just how terrifying Xiao Luo really was. He came and went like a ghost, killing people and leaving no traces. Was this the same Hua national who had been introverted and seemingly harmless throughout the entire journey?

Powell's forehead was lined with cold sweat as well. He could finally say for certain now that the Khun Sa Mercenary Corps were dead and that they had been single-handedly wiped out by a Hua national by the name of Mie. But now, they were a hundred-strong force, all SEAL soldiers, no less—and he refused to believe that they could not subdue this bloodthirsty beast.

"Captain, we've discovered the enemy's tracks, he's heading north to escape!" Mina's voice crackled through the walkie-talkie at this moment.

Powell was elated. He immediately responded, "Alright, make sure to hold him back properly. I'm going over to back you up immediately."

"Roger that!"

Mina led a small squad and headed into the forest in pursuit of Xiao Luo.

In this sort of environment where gloomy and dense layers of trees populated the woods, she realized that there was something very unsettling about Xiao Luo's form. It was as if he was a wild wolf adept at roaming the forest. It was difficult to lock on to the man, so the countless bullets she fired at him had all missed.

After tailing him for a few hundred meters, she realized they had lost sight of the man!

She immediately raised a hand, then said, "Stop. Spread out in combat formation and pay close attention to your surroundings. The enemy is extremely skilled at ambushing, and he's definitely hiding in some corner nearby!"

"Ma'am."

The group formed up and spread out, the distance between each man not exceeding three meters. Everyone was on high-alert and paid close attention to their surroundings.

The longer the wait, the more tormenting it was. It was as if there was a formless power exerting pressure on their hearts, forcing anxiety to brew ceaselessly within them.

"Get out here, you b*stard! I know you're right here, so stop hiding. Let's have a fair fight!"

The enemy lurked in the shadows while she was out in the open. Mina forced herself to stay calm as she shouted, "Get out here, you coward! You're nothing but a scum who sneaks about!"