242: Strength Is Shoot To Score

"Li, he's actually managed to score from shooting that far away!"

Shen Qingyan, who was watching the game with Su Li from the courtside, was pleasantly surprised to see the ball passing cleanly through the hoop. She had obviously not expected that Xiao Luo could have scored the basket with a jump-shot half a meter outside the three-point arc.

"It's pure luck," Su Li said.

Luo Pingxiang and Su Xiaobei, who was standing next to them, were cheering excitedly.

Back in the court, Yang Hongzhi had just retrieved the ball, and smiling, he swaggered toward Xiao Luo and said, "Not bad, you've got a good start..."

Xiao Luo looked at him impassively and didn't say a word.

"Okay, then, Let's continue."

Yang Hongzhi passed the ball to Xiao Luo, then resumed a defensive stance, he did not believe that Xiao Luo would actually score another one from outside the three-point line. He was convinced that the previous shot was purely luck and not made with skill.

The moment Xiao Luo had received the pass, he bent his knees and jumped on the spot again. He held the ball with his left palm supporting the side of the ball and right hand behind the ball, just above his shoulder, and his elbow bent a ninety-degrees. He kept his eyes fixed at the hoop as he transferred the momentum from the leap to drive the ball through, then straightening his elbow and his wrist straight over the top in the follow-through to the shot.

It was a perfectly executed shot...

Despite anticipating the shot, Yang Hongzhi could still not get to the ball in time and watched helplessly as the ball left Xiao Luo's hand. The ball traveled in a precise arc once again and scored with that familiar thud.

Another three-pointer right into the basket!

This time, both Shen Qingyan and Su Li were visibly shocked, but they wondered if this shot was another lucky one.

Yang Hongzhi wasn't impressed. In fact, he was vexed, and the expression on his face showed—he looked like he was forcibly fed with prison gruel.

One of his bodyguards picked up the ball and passed it to him. He held the ball with both hands and forcing a smile, said, "well, well, a consecutive three-point shot, Mr. Xiao, seems like you've been practicing a bit."

Xiao Luo could not be bothered to respond; as Yang Hongzhi had tried to humiliate him, Xiao Luo was now mentally prepared to return the gesture—he would utterly destroy him. Xiao Luo did not have to redeem the system's basketball skill as he was already above average player. However, both King of Mercenaries Constitution and Yi Jinjing did enhance his abilities and pushed his skill level to a whole new height. In his current form, he'd be able to even take on NBA players, let alone Yang Hongzhi.

"If you can score another, you'll have my respect!"

Yang Hongzhi threw down the gauntlet, he wasn't going to allow himself to make the same mistake. He was a little more aggressive now and forcefully passed the ball to Xiao Luo.

He put the second basket down to his own lapse rather than Xiao Luo's ability, and this time he did not lower his stance as much, staying slightly upright to make the jump quicker for the block.

And just as he read it, Xiao Luo was again going through the same motions as expected, jumping immediately after receiving the ball to shoot. Yang Hongzhi smirked, stomped his feet, jumped high in the air, and slammed his right hand down at the ball. His intention was to block the shot as hard as possible—partly to quell his anger and because he knew it'd undoubtedly look impressive.