Chapter 260: Principle of Behavior

"YAAAY... the car is flying! Daddy, you're so awesome!"

Su Xiaobei was beside herself with excitement and cheering on Xiao Luo without the slightest hint of fear on her face, and was thrilled to be a part of this high-octane car chase. In sharp contrast, Su Canye, seated next to her, had his eyes shut tight and wore an expression full of terror and despair.

Xiao Luo was in the zone, entirely focused on his driving. Nervelessly, he negotiated the car into the sharp turn then pulled the handbrakes the moment the car was about to enter the bend, swinging the rear of the car to align with the direction of the corner, while simultaneously controlling the foot pedals with his "heel-and-toe" to maintain the revs in his engine, and then controlled the slide with the steering wheel into the opposite direction. The front wheels of the black Trumpchi SUV skidded close to the double yellow line, still going at the same speed, but the car was in total control as Xiao Luo maneuvered it, sliding smoothly into the turn like it was on a sheet of ice.

Despite his eyes being closed, Su Canye could feel the excellent control the vehicle was being driven with. As a racing enthusiast, he was thoroughly familiar with this exhilarating technique of driving, and the word immediately popped up in his mind—drifting.

He opened his eyes slightly at first, then his eyes widened in bewilderment. The tires were screeching as the nose of the car aligned with the bend.

Holy shaite...

He's really drifting!

This was no sports car, but a large 5-door SUV. How can he possibly be drifting, and what's more, doing it so brilliantly?

Su Canye's eyes were watery, and his lips quivered as if he had witnessed something magical.

With its all-wheel-drive engaged, the front of the car kept within with the double yellow line. If this was a race on the Wild Wolf Mountain, the car would easily be drifting along the inner circle.

The SUV negotiated the sharp bend safely, and Xiao Luo immediately lowered the handbrake lever, turned the steering wheel back, and then slammed on the accelerator.

The revs kicked in as Xiao Luo shifted gear and was bearing down the straight road at an incredible speed. The SUV streaked forward like an arrow without any stutter, and Su Canye hardly felt the change in gears. It was all accomplished in one smooth and steady transition.

Su Canye was astounded that his brother-in-law was such a driver of the highest caliber. His driving skills were unsurpassed, and he was literally a drifting god!

Another sharp turn was coming up ahead. This time, Su Canye was as cool as a cucumber, and he was eager to watch Xiao Luo's handling in every detail.

100 meters...

50 meters...

15 meters...

Here it comes!!!

Su Canye was silently working out the car's distance from the next bend. At the instant Xiao Luo prepared to negotiate the sharp bend, Su Canye was in full concentration.

Xiao Luo's face was a picture of calm, like the surface of a still lake with barely a ripple. He pulled the handbrake, stepped on the foot pedals, and controlled the steering wheel with great skill, first, into the turn, then in the opposite direction. The SUV held its speed, and once again, its rear swung across as it glided sideways into the drift.

The graceful arc of motion...

The consummate control...

And perfect execution of the drift!