Chapter 203: The Next Destination

The effect of Guo Fu’s confession in the conference room hit like a runaway freight train and just blew everyone’s mind. They just sat in dead silence, in confusion, trying to process what had just been revealed. Who would have thought that Guo Fu, the head of the Finance Department, was in a sexual relationship with Xu Guansong? And by the looks of it, they had maintained this relationship for quite a while.

“This is shocking!”

Luo Qi exclaimed, unable to contain her shock.

Zhang Dashan grinned and giving the man a thumbs-up, he chirped, “Xu Guansong, you have a wife and children, yet you are still able to have an affair and keep a mistress. Wah, how ‘man’ of you!”

Everyone knew that he was sarcastic. The company’s key employees who had initially backed Xu Guansong now had only contempt for the vice president. If Xu Guansong was willing to have a secret affair in his workplace, and without his wife knowing, how much could the man be trusted?

Xu Guansong ignored Zhang Dashan’s quip, and instead, he pointed at Guo Fu and flew into a rage. He roared, “You wh*re, how much money did you get from Xiao Luo! You are willing to defame me even by ruining your own reputation as a woman? Do you think that I wouldn’t dare to send someone after you?”

He was in deep anguish and humiliation and was almost losing his mind. He couldn’t stay calm any longer.

Guo Fu couldn’t believe the man was still at his devious game, and she retorted icily, “Defame you? Xu Guansong, are you saying that all these photos are fake?”

“Of course they are fake, that man isn’t me at all, you must have photoshop’d them.” Xu Guansong screamed hysterically, refusing to admit what he had done.

“Photoshop? Fine, our colleagues from the IT department are here, let them look at the photos and see if they have been photoshop’d or not.”

Guo Fu tossed her phone to the senior-most computer engineer from IT to check the veracity of the images and whether they had been tampered with using any software. Xu Guansong had reacted rashly as he was in too deep and had nothing to lose. But the woman who had had her heart broken would have none of that.

“I can say with 100% confidence that these photos have not been tampered with.”

“Yep, if an image had been photoshop’d, no matter how well it was doctored, it would leave tell-tale signs, such as chromatic aberration.”

“The photos had only been altered by the enhancement effects built into the phone, but the people and the background in it are all real, and there is definitely no forgery here.”

The IT engineers refuted Xu Guansong’s claim that the images had been doctored after closely examining them. They were all employees with Advanced Computing Certificates, and they had the experience and knowledge to determine if the pictures were genuine. Everyone now turned to look at Xu Guansong, some stared stone-faced while others gave fleeting glances of revulsion.

“Xu Guansong, what else do you have to say?”

Xiao Luo looked at him with a mocking smile forming at the corner of his lips.

Keeping a mistress was immoral and unacceptable in their society. Now that his actions had been brought to light, his reputation and the image he had cultivated over the years was gone in an instant. Xu Guansong’s expression now turned ugly, he gritted his teeth and glared furiously at Guo Fu. Then his composure returned, he suddenly laughed coldly, and said, “So what if I have an affair with this woman, it was consensual, what does it prove? It just proves that she’s a wh*re willing to be f*cked, that’s all. What does the matter of embezzlement we are discussing today have to do with me? Nothing!”