Chapter 335: The second mission

Xiao Luo's intuition told him they had something to do with it, and he didn't buy the arguments Gu Zhanguo, and Dongfang Zhuoyu put up. But, he remembered the great kindness that Gu Zhanguo had once shown him, and if it weren't for him, Xiao Luo would have been thrown in jail when he was in Jiangcheng. This would have brought great shame to his family. In a certain sense, the NSA did serve as a safety net for him. Being born into this country and being one of the nation's top fighters, he was all too well aware that he was sometimes quite extreme in his actions.

"I will take into careful consideration your... well, let's call them advice, for now. But if they keep asking for it, then I will have no choice," Xiao Luo said.

"Sure, sure," Gu Zhanguo said.

He sighed and patted Xiao Luo on the shoulders. "I hope you can understand. The country must have some order, and certain rules have to be observed. I could protect you while you were in Jiangcheng, but now that the Bai family is involved, if they really choose to go after you, then even I can't protect you."

Since they had already reached an understanding, there was no need to cover up any longer, and Gu Zhanguo chose to be candid.

"I understand," Xiao Luo said.

"That said, if the Bai family really intends to touch you again, they will have to consider whether they have to capability to do so carefully. We at the NSA are definitely no pushovers. The Bai family only have themselves to blame that you hurt that girl. If they dare to target you again, I will mobilize an entire division and blast them out of their family mansion," Dongfang Zhuoyu said.

Dongfang Zhuoyu's words shocked Gu Zhanguo, and he turned quite pale. He gave a dry cough and said, "Old man, do you think that you are still young and vigorous? Do you wish to start a civil war and become the nation's enemy?"

"What civil war or nation's enemy are you talking about? So what if we beat up the Bai family?" Dongfang Zhuoyu retorted. But he quickly realized the severity of what he had said after being prompted by Gu Zhanguo. "Speaking of civil wars, I should bring up the case of Libya, and African country. They are currently divided into two armed forces, black and white. The entire country is caught in the dark shadow of civil unrest thanks to politics and power."

Dongfang Zhuoyu found himself trying to steer away from the topic of the Bai family and bringing up the case of Africa. The more he spoke, the muddled his thoughts became, until he latched on to a name he knew would interest Xiao Luo. "In a land of war, it is a paradise for the mercenaries. As one of the senior executives in Blackwater Company, Khun Sa is currently leading his underhanded team of mercenaries and recklessly fishing for gold in Libya," he said.

"Khun Sa?" Xiao Luo asked.

He squinted his eyes instantly, for it had been some time since he last heard this name—it was one that had been listed on his kill list from a long time ago. He was bound to kill this man if he even dared to harbor any thoughts of harming his family.

"Well, it seems like you have a strong desire to kill him. The moment you heard his name, there was a clear murderous intent in your eyes," Dongfang Zhuoyu remarked.

Xiao Luo didn't deny it. "He is a long time enemy, and it's also about time to end this," he said, "I assume my second mission should be related to him; if not, Director Dongfang would not have wasted such time on this."

"Well, perhaps it's more accurate to say that it was coincidental. Your second mission is to protect a war correspondent and make sure they make it out alive," Gu Zhanguo responded.

"The white forces are a governmental army, while the black forces belong to the rebel army. That war correspondent has detailed pictorial records of the rebel army brutally killing the government forces, prisoners, and the people. Once exposed, they will face a lot of pressure due to negative international public opinion, and it will be very detrimental to the seizure of Libya's politics and power."