Chapter 319: Let's Play a Little

The shareholder discussion lasted for half an hour, and in the end, both parties signed a contract. They were able to establish a long-term working relationship with one another.

"Sabrina, Ms. Demi, come! Let's toast to our long-term partnership that begins from this moment forth!"

Leon stood up and raised the wine glass in his hand, and he conspicuously chose to ignore Xiao Luo. Such a scenario undoubtedly put Xiao Luo in an awkward position. It would have been weird for him to stand up and raise his wine glass, and at the same time, it would also have looked strange for him to just sit there without doing anything.

This was a celebration for "Liyue Media" as they had just established a partnership, and Su Li couldn't decline outright, so she stood up and joined the toast as well. Leon was deliberately trying to put Xiao Luo in a tough spot.

Shen Qingyan stood up as well, and the three of them had a toast.

"Cheers!"

With a satisfied expression on his face, Leon looked at Xiao Luo, sitting there eating the food on the table. He raised his head back and finished the wine in his glass. In his heart, he had already formed an opinion of Xiao Luo—he was nothing more than an uncouth low-class lout!

"It's about time for us to go."

Su Li no longer wanted to stay as she could sense that Xiao Luo was not himself today.

"There's no need to rush back. It's still early. This resort hotel has an underground casino. Sabrina, let's go there and play a little. We can see how lucky our partnership is," Leon suggested.

"No, thank you. I'm not interested," Su Li replied icily. She glared hard at Xiao Luo, who was still eating, and said, "Xiao Luo, let's go!"

Xiao Luo tossed aside the remaining bones, took a tissue, and wiped off the grease on his hands and the corners of his mouth. He stood up, looked at Leon, and said, "There's a casino here?"

Leon was initially taken aback, and then he smiled and replied, "Yes, there is."

"But based on what I know, casinos are not allowed to operate in Xiahai," Xiao Lu said, showing an inordinate amount of interest.

"That's why it's an underground casino. It doesn't see the light of day. As far as I know, the boss of this resort hotel has some backing," Leon said. "The police turn a blind eye to the operation here. It's been opened for around five or six years now, and nothing has happened to it so far."

"You want to play?" Su Li asked Xiao Luo quietly.

"I want to play a little," Xiao Luo said.

"Sabrina, since Mr. Xiao wants to play, as a wife, you should be a little bit more open and let loose the ropes in your hands."

Leon smiled and said, "Let's do this. In order to avoid making too much noise, I will go and open a separate private room just for the four of us. A little bit of gambling is good for the spirits."

"Good idea!"

Xiao Luo gave Leon a thumbs-up and spoke in English. Since Leon had p*ssed him off so much, Xiao Luo decided he would return the favor twice.

"Yeah! Wow, Mr. Xiao's English is pretty good," Leon said. He smiled condescendingly and praised Xiao Luo heartily, but inwardly, his heart was cold. He was planning on making Xiao Luo lose everything he had and make him look bad in front of Su Li.

"Li, a battle just for you is about to begin soon," Shen Qingyan whispered softly into Su Li's ears.

Su Li was confused as well and didn't know if she should be happy or angry. This was obviously a trap that Leon had set, so why was Xiao Luo still falling for it? But it was also true that Xiao Luo's actions were really abnormal today. Was it really because he was jealous?