Chapter 272: Team Leader of Group Three

After completing the administrative forms for new employees, Xiao Luo and Guan Tong were taken for a brief visit to the sales department by the tall lady, Wu He, as part of the onboarding process. When they got there, everyone in the department was raving about the order placed by the princess from Dubai valued at eight million dirhams. The atmosphere was almost a festive one, and the sales staff were in high spirits.

Miss Wu gently knocked on the office door of the head of the sales department. When she heard him respond, she pushed the door open and walked in with the two new hires in her charge.

Sitting behind the desk was a middle-aged man with a bald pate. He was dressed smartly in a suit and tie, wearing glasses, and polite in manner.

"Hello, Mr. Mao, how are you? Miss Wu greeted him.

He raised his hand to her while still on the phone. "Mr. Zhao I got something to go now, let's talk again next time."

The middle-aged man then put down his phone, stood up smiling, and greeted her, "Miss Wu, what brings you here? Come in, come, and have a seat."

"Oh, it's alright, I still have a few other things to do so I'll just be quick. I'm here to introduce these two people to you, they're the new hires for your department. This is Xiao Luo, and this is Guan Tong," Wu He said, giving him a courteous bow with her head, and added, "By the way, Xiao Luo has been given dispensation from regular working hours and will be arranging his schedule himself."

Mao Jianyi was somewhat taken aback and inquired, "What does it mean when you say that he will arrange his own working hours?"

"That means he's not be bounded by the company's schedule and can come in or leave work whenever he wants to," Guan Tong pitched in, forgetting himself.

Wu He glanced at him then back to Mr. Zhou, nodding her head and added, "Miss Shen approved it."

Miss Shen approved it?

Mao Jianyi couldn't believe his ears! The Huayao Corporation had strict rules and regulations, and the rules applied to all sales personnel—even heads of departments like him had to report to work on time; otherwise, they would be penalized. It was really bizarre that such a condition could be allowed.

Seeing doubts plastered all over Mao Jianyi's face, Wu He explained, "He was the one who secured the order with Dubai order earlier."

What?!

Mao Jianyi bolted upright in his seat with a look of absolute shock and just stared wide-eyed at Xiao Luo. "Huh... he's the one who secured the order?" he stuttered.

Despite this deal being made no more than half an hour ago, news of the large order had spread across the organization like wildfire. Everyone in the sales department had been talking about the deal since then, speculating on the person who had closed it—and to find that person now standing there right before him was unbelievable.

"Yes," she replied. Wu He's single-word response spoke volumes.

Then, she promptly turned around and left without saying another word.

Mao Jianyi came from behind his desk and fervently shook Xiao Luo's hand. "Xiao Luo, what a pleasure, welcome to the sales department!" he enthused, then introduced himself, "My name is Mao Jianyi. Just call me Old Mao."

Old Mao?

Xiao Luo was somewhat amused by his moniker, which made him think immediately of the great man who founded the country.

After he welcomed Xiao Luo heartily, Mao Jianyi did the same with Guan Tong. He came across as a fair and trustworthy leader, showing his subordinates that he treated them equally.