Chapter 310: Writing an Apology Letter

The thin man raised his cup of tea, a faint smile on his face. "Come, let me toast to you, Old Jia, with tea in place of wine. Here's to a pleasant partnership," he said.

"To a pleasant partnership!"

Jia Zhengyi raised his teacup as well, breaking out into boisterous laughter.

Their teacups clinked in the air, and then they both tilted their heads back, downing the tea in one go as if they were drinking wine.

But when they put their teacups down, they got the shock of their lives! They both shrieked in fright and fell off their seats for, out of nowhere, someone had suddenly appeared sitting in the chair beside them. It could only have occurred when they tilted their heads back to drink their tea, yet there wasn't a sound or sign that pointed towards how this person could've appeared so suddenly.

"You...who are you?" Jia Zhengyi asked, choking on his spit as he tried to repress the fear rising within him.

The person was dressed in white, and the collar of his shirt was slightly open. His sleeves were rolled up to the elbow to reveal tanned skin. There were depth and divinity in his eyes, and his nose bridge was high; his eyebrows were long and willowy. He was blessed with a handsome face, and his charming, yet aloof countenance had an evil yet cold air to it.

And who was this, if not Xiao Luo!

He moved about with no concern for the others, turning over an inverted teacup and filling it with tea. He looked to Jia Zhengyi with a blank face, then slowly savored his tea. As he looked at Jia Zhengyi, he said, "This is Pu'er tea. You're quite good at enjoying the finer things in life, huh, Jia Zhengyi. Pu'er has the effect of lowering fat levels in your blood, weight-loss, inhibiting bad bacteria, aiding in digestion, as well as to warm your stomach. This tea seems to have been tailor-made for you."

The thin man felt an invisible bout of oppressive force hit him from Xiao Luo's calm and collected demeanor. He chose to remain on the ground where he fell, not daring to move in the least.

Jia Zhengyi was both frightened and enraged. This was his home, and a stranger had suddenly barged in, drinking his tea as if he owned the place. Fury overcame fear as he picked himself up from the floor, whipped out his phone, and screamed, "Who the hell are you? This is my home; how did you get in here? Tell me, or I'll call the police!"

"Don't get all riled up. Sit down, and let's have a chat!" Xiao Luo said, gesturing with his hand.

Jia Zhengyi was infuriated and shouted, "What the f*ck are you doing treating me like I'm your dog? Listen—"

Whoosh~

The teacup Xiao Luo was holding suddenly flew from his hand and smashed into Jia Zhengyi's kneecap with a bone-shattering crack. Jia Zhengyi instantly dropped to the floor, crashing knee first onto the floor. He let out a scream from the excruciating pain, and his phone clattered to the ground.

At the sight of this, the thin man gasped in fright. In a panic, he picked himself up and dashed toward the front, scrambling off without a care for anything else.

"Hmm~"

Xiao Luo extended his hand as if grabbing at thin air.

Suddenly, the thin man felt a powerful force pulling him back. Before he could even react, he felt a strong hand grasping him on firmly to the scruff of his neck, and was instantly dragged back to where he had been earlier. He was unceremoniously dumped, butt-first, and the overwhelming pain caused him to squeal like a pig at slaughter.

Grabbing something through the air?!

Jia Zhengyi's eyes widened as he stared at Xiao Luo in abject fear.