Chapter 316: Got drunk

The man in the Hawaiian shirt soon realized he had gotten himself into trouble. He broke out in a cold sweat, lowering his posture, and said cringingly, "I am terribly sorry I offended you. P-please, be the bigger person... I beg you, forgive us for our rudeness this time."

"Okay then, you can f*ck off!"

Xiang Gaoyang thundered. He'd had enough with this sort of rogues.

"Thank you, thank you... I'm leaving right now!"

The man in the Hawaiian shirt repeatedly nodded. He quietly breathed a sigh of relief, having escaped from a tense situation, and ordered his men who were sprawling on the ground to leave the place quickly.

After they walked out of the bar, one of his men, indignant at being beaten up, said, "Brother Ping, are we just going to let them off after what they've done to us?"

"What, let them off?" the man in the Hawaiian shirt sneered.

"Huh! Do you think that even crossed my mind?" he said, "I'm contacting my cousin right away and will ask him to bring over 30 men. I will not stop until I score that chick tonight!"

"Yeah, that's right. With your cousin giving us a helping hand, we'll surely kill those two guys."

"Of course! My cousin was formerly the hall master of the Dragon Gang in Jiangcheng. Once, when the Dragon Gang was still making a name for itself, he slashed his way from the dock to the customs building all by himself. He killed so many people that even the edge of his machete became blunt. If he comes, those two bast*rds are going to die for sure!"

Whenever he spoke about his cousin, the man in the Hawaiian shirt felt immensely proud. If it weren't for his cousin backing him up, he wouldn't have been able to recruit so many followers, nor behave like an overlord bullying whoever he wished.

...

"Pretentious d*ck, I hate you!"

Chu Yue was miserable, and she continued to sip on her cocktail to ease her broken heart. She had dearly missed Xiao Luo, and he was ever in her heart. Yet, when Chu Yue finally found him again, he did not even care that she was cozying up to someone else, which really cut deep. Chu Yue had been pining for him endlessly, and she had dearly looked forward to meeting Xiao Luo again. But when the moment finally came, it was not the outcome she had sought, and she was aggrieved and discouraged.

"Miss Chu, you've had enough already. No more, please. Or, you'll get drunk. You don't want to be carried home, right?" Xiao Luo warned her.

"Huh! It's none of your business!"

Chu Yue was fuming, and she just carried on drinking. It was evident that she was going to get herself drunk.

Xiao Luo looked at Xiang Gaoyang and his colleague. "Gentlemen, are you just going to stand by and do nothing?" he said.

Xiang Gaoyang sheepishly gave him a wry smile. Of course, they wanted to stop her, but they both knew that Miss Chu was throwing a tantrum now. If they dared to say anything, it would be nothing short of suicide.

"Mr. Xiao, could you please help us to persuade her?"

Xiang Gaoyang handed the challenging task of convincing their young mistress to Xiao Luo. Smiling and justifying his request, he said, "Miss Chu only listens to you."

Chu Yue curled her lips in defiance. "What nonsense! I hardly visit a bar... I will drink my fill! Don't you guys try to prevent me!" she slurred. Her cheeks turned red after consuming a fair amount of drinks, and her eyes looked a little unfocused.

Xiao Luo looked at her, somewhat agitated. "You want an answer, right?" he asked.

In response, Chu Yue did not speak but only pouted her lips and looked at him ruefully.