Chapter 324: You Don't Need to Explain

Shen Qingyan drove the car into the underground car park. The rain was pouring down in sheets that night, so obviously, she was not going back to her own home. She would stay in Su Li's apartment.

When they returned to the apartment, they ran into Xiao Luo, who was just coming out of his own unit.

"President Shen, Miss Su. Could I trouble you both with something?" Xiao Luo asked, looking a little anxious.

"You need us to help change the young lady's clothes?" Shen Qingyan probed.

Xiao Luo nodded. "Yes."

"Ha... You're quite the honest guy, aren't you? This is such a good opportunity for you to take advantage of her, and yet you're letting it pass."

There was a hint of approval in Shen Qingyan's gaze. She immediately shook her head. "I can't help you with this. Call an ambulance and have her sent to the hospital."

She was looking at it from Su Li's perspective. This was a love rival that had appeared out of the blue, and if she were Su Li, she would definitely be feeling terrible. It was already taking a tremendous amount of effort for her to not fly into a rage, let alone help the other girl.

Xiao Luo frowned. "It's just a mild cold. There's no need to send her to the hospital. She'll be fine once she takes some medicine for the fever."

Shen Qingyan was growing anxious on his behalf. "Why don't you understand, Xiao Luo? Does this seem like a problem that can be solved with flu medicine?" She couldn't help thinking to herself, his relationship with Li was finally progressing somewhere, and now something like this had to happen. Did he want their relationship to be doomed?

Su Li looked at him with her beautiful eyes. "Who is she?" she asked. She had been quiet the entire time until now.

Xiao Luo immediately blurted, "We're just friends!"

He and Gu Qianxue were obviously friends. Although men's very nature would urge him to think fondly of such an innocent girl, that was about as far as he would go. In his eyes, Gu Qianxue was no more than a little brat who needed guidance.

"Just friends?" Su Li questioned a second time.

"Yeah. We met in Jiangcheng." Xiao Luo replied.

Su Li sensed his candor and did not continue questioning him. There was a contemplative look in her eyes as she cast him a final glance, and then she walked into her apartment. At the same time, she glanced at Shen Qingyan and said, "Qingyan, please go to my room and get her a set of clean clothes from the closet."

"Yours?" Shen Qingyan asked, shocked. She thought, was she really going to be this magnanimous?

"Of course. She's more or less my size, so my clothes should fit her."

Su Li turned around and said, "Oh, right, get a few bath towels and washed clothes as well. There are new ones in the closet."

"Alright..."

Shen Qingyan heaved a sigh. If the person involved wants to pretend nothing was wrong, who was she, an outsider to get involved?

...

...

Drying Gu Qianxue's hair, feeding her flu medicine, and changing her into a set of clean clothes—Su Li did all of this. After doing all of that, she returned to her own apartment without another word. Naturally, Shen Qingyan would not stay in Xiao Luo's apartment, so she left with Su Li.

"Li, are you just going to remain this calm? The girl came all the way from Jiangcheng, so she's obviously thinking of him differently, even if he doesn't think of her that way. Now that they are both confined in the same space, they're just like dry wood and a raging fire. It's really dangerous that both of them are together," Shen Qingyan said to Su Li, who was sitting on the sofa opposite her, quietly reading a book. Shen Qingyan just could not stay calm.