Chapter 262: I Need No Permission to Whack You

Guo Qinghe spoke with a tone of righteousness that came across as frank and unbiased. He appeared to display no intention whatsoever of shielding his friend.

The crowd was quiet for a few seconds, then the girl, whom Su Canye fancied, broke the silence. She laughed awkwardly and said, "Senior Brother Qinghe is right... err, yes, the opinion I made earlier did not consider this important factor."

Although the others didn't echo her thoughts, their silence was deafening.

Guo Qinghe smiled and patted Xiao Luo's shoulders, "Xiao Luo, don't blame me for not taking your side, but the kendo gym has its rules, and your daughter ran around in the training area. So, I express my most sincere apology that she was accidentally hurt, but, as you know, friends are friends, and business is business. The root cause of this incident is that you didn't look after your daughter well enough. Therefore, you have to take responsibility for that."

Liu Fei didn't expect that Guo Qinghe would take his side. But of course, he wasn't blind, and neither were the others. From the body language, they could sense that, despite being former classmates, Guo Qinghe and this young man seemed to have some kind of a misunderstanding.

Xiao Luo smiled as he stared chillingly at Guo Qinghe, and mocked, "So, then what should I do, class head?"

"Business is business,""friends are friends," with such phrases being bandied around, he finally saw through Guo Qinghe's true nature. He was a hypocrite, posing as a person of high morals—what he said was in contradiction with his actions. As Guo Qinghe had revealed the kind of person he was, Xiao Luo now felt that he did not have to give him any face, nor did he have to be mindful of their past relationship as ex-classmates.

"Do what? It's nothing, actually, just an accident. There's no need to amplify the issue. Let's just forget about it," said Guo Qinghe.

"Forget about it? We can't just forget about it! He just insulted my dignity as a kendōka. He must apologize to me!"

Liu Fei shouted as he aggressively pointed his fingers at Xiao Luo. Now that he knew Guo Qinghe's stand on the incident, he decided that the path was clear for him to take matters into his own hands and insisted that Xiao Luo apologize to him.

"Xiao Luo, did you humiliate him just now?" Guo Qinghe feigned to be surprised.

"Oh, yes, I think I did."

Xiao Luo said wryly. He was restraining himself for the moment and was just waiting for Su Canye to return.

Guo Qinghe didn't notice the change in Xiao Luo's face at all. He shook his head and sighed, "Then, I must say that you are the one who is responsible for all this. You shouldn't have insulted Liu Fei's dignity as a kendo practitioner, sigh... I think you should apologize to him!"

"Hah! Did you hear that, kid? Hurry up and apologize to me!" Liu Fei had a smug expression on his face as he looked down his nose at Xiao Luo.

Xiao Luo smirked derisively, raising one corner of his mouth. Then, he slowly shook his head as he eyed Liu Fei with a steady glare.

Su Canye came running into the gym, looking short of breath as he waved the tube of medication above his head. Panting heavily, he called out to Xiao Luo, "Ice Face, I got it! Hurry up, bring the little princess over, I'll apply the cream on her."

Su Canye was already squatting down by the wooden bench next to the wall and was hurriedly unpacking the anti-septic medication.

Xiao Luo immediately picked up Su Xiaobei and walked over, then carefully placed her on the bench. He stroked her head gently and said, "Daddy needs to seek justice. Sit here and let uncle treat your wound."