Chapter 283: Su Canye's Affair

With barely any effort, Xiao Luo had Guo Qinghe sprawled on the ground wailing in pain, bleeding profusely from his nose and mouth, and clinging on for his life. Qiu Yuanjie and his subordinates were shocked as they stared at Xiao Luo in horror. This NSA-trained man was literally a killing machine, was he even human? Before they met Xiao Luo, they had never thought that crippling a person would be this quick and simple.

Was he getting justice for me?

Zhao Mengqi was startled, and Xiao Luo's actions left her pondering. Suddenly, she couldn't contain herself any longer and burst into tearful sobs as she became weighed down by an unspeakable sadness and grief.

Xiao Luo glanced at her impassively, then turned and walked away without lingering any longer.

"Luo, thank you..."

Zhao Mengqi whispered softly as she gazed at Xiao Luo, striding away in the distance. In her heart, she made up her mind to start afresh, meet better people, and live her life with dignity—it was time to move on. It was as Xiao Luo had said, she was his past, a part of his forgotten days. Whether it was for herself or Xiao Luo, she had to live out her life with integrity.

...

...

Back at the Crescent Bay Apartment, Xiao Luo was a little tired, and he fell asleep right after he got back home.

That night, a phone call from Zhang Dashan woke him up.

"Zhang Dashan, you better have something important for me. Or else, the next time I see you, I'll greet you with my foot," Xiao Luo growled.

"Whadda...hey, bro, don't be like this. We're good pals, what's wrong with me giving you a few calls? Are you afraid that people will suspect that we're a pair? But they shouldn't have any doubt about it either; there is surely something special between us. Hehe... you have to admit that," Zhang Dashan teased, chuckling away in his usual style.

Xiao Luo rolled his eyes and said, "Hanging up now..."

"Oi, don't hang up, I've got something for you," Zhang Dashan said.

"Then say it quickly. Hurry up and just fart it out!"

Xiao Luo was still a little drowsy, and the business of Zhao Mengqi's misfortune had made him feel somewhat depressed. He wasn't in the mood to banter with Zhang Dashan.

"Fine, fine, I'll get right down to business then. Turn on your computer, get on YouTube, and search for 'Crazy Man Quickly Descends from Building with Bare Hands.' Have a look at that video—although it was taken from afar and didn't capture your face upfront, I'm sure that's you, right?" Zhang Dashan said.

Xiao Luo furrowed his brows, dashed to the living room, and turned on the computer to search for the video that Zhang Dashan mentioned. What he saw instantly woke him up! That was footage of him descending from the hotel's rooftop in the morning when he was stealing into Yao Baishan's room. Not only was it had been recorded by someone, but it was also even posted online and had gone viral. In just one afternoon, the video already amassed more than 800 thousand views.

Quickly, he mentally opened the system's mall and looked at his accumulated points. His account balance, initially a little over 2 million, was now at 3 million, and what's more, it was still on the rise. Without a doubt, these gains could be attributed to the same video he was now watching.

"How do you know it was me?"

Xiao Luo was very curious. This distance was really far, and his figure in the video little more than a smudge. No one would be able to recognize him.

"Tsk, just take a look at that unsightly figure of yours. Not to mention your back, I'll know it's you just by the sight of any part of your body," Zhang Dashan bragged.