Chapter 231: Completely Outclassed

“Arrghhh~”

He took a tremendous blow, and his body sailed back some distance before smashing into a pine tree that was as thick as a man’s thigh, uprooting it. He was struck so forcefully that it felt like he’d been hit by a freight train. He was thrown back like a doll, with his back facing upwards, and crashed into the ground, with the tree falling next to him. A stream of blood flowed from his opened mouth.

The man’s arms were both broken and bright, and fresh blood was splattered everywhere. His disfigured body laid motionlessly in a pool of blood, a lifeless corpse.

Another member of the Cobra mercenary corps now faced Xiao Luo, and his expression changed drastically. He looked at Xiao Luo’s fearsome demeanor and blood-drenched palms, and thought to himself, is that a man or a beast? How can he have such terrifying explosive powers?

“Looks like the NSA has slightly overestimated you!” Xiao Luo said, giving him a chilling glare.

As far as he was concerned, these mercenaries weren’t even at level B, as Long Sankui, who was rated a level B, was a much more formidable opponent.

“Hiyah!”

Despite knowing that he was no match for Xiao Luo, this member of Cobra mercenary corps roared viciously and leaped at Xiao Luo, delivering a series of attacking maneuvers with only a combat knife in his hand. Every slash and thrust was delivered with killing force. These mercenaries had lived on the edge all their lives, and they all shared a common trait—they had dignity, and their pride would not allow them to flee in defeat.

Xiao Luo comfortably dodged his attacking moves, and then, in a quick counter-attack, he parried a strike with his own black dagger.

Clank!

The distinctive ring of clashing steel blades echoed across the open ground, and an immense force recoiled back into the Cobra mercenary’s combat knife. The Cobra mercenary was suddenly unable to firmly grip his weapon as he watched it slip from his hand and drop to the ground. He saw blood oozing between his fingers and felt the pain as he realized the entire webbing between his thumb and forefinger had been ripped open by the wave of energy that surged from the clashing blades.

As he froze, still in shock, Xiao Luo delivered a swift punch, snapping his neck immediately.

Xiao Luo did a mental headcount of the Cobra mercenary corps and determined that one man still remained. And right at that moment, a chilling voice came from behind him.

“I have always been in awe of the Hua Nation as it is remarkably mysterious. I’m well aware that many past masters willingly disguised themselves as mere mortals, and remain hidden in many parts of this vast land. I never expect that our target this time to be one of them.”

Xiao Luo turned over and saw a huge bearded man. A sturdy-looking Caucasian standing at about 2 meters tall strode towards him from a distance. He was a giant of a man and held a hostage firmly next to him, and as Xiao Luo squinted to make out who it was, he realized that it was none other than Ji Siying.

Needless to say, this bearded man was the eighth member of Cobra mercenary corps. That was why Xiao Luo couldn’t find him earlier on, as he had quietly sneaked up onto Ji Siying.

“Release her!” Xiao Luo shouted, gritting his teeth.

“Release her?”

The bearded man looked at Ji Siying, her hands were bound firmly with a rope, and with his large hand, he clasped her by the collar. He laughed, shaking his head, and said, “No, no, she is my bargaining chip. If I release her, how can I complete my mission?”