Chapter 379: Spotted a Ghost

"Department head Rui... what should we do?" asked Kimura Akino. He hadn't recovered from the shock he had just experienced and still had lingering fears.

"What else can we do? Report everything that happened here to the Metropolitan Police Department."

Miyazaki Rui answered as he grabbed his left shoulder in pain and continued, "Hurry and have them send over an ambulance. I need to get prompt treatment for this injury."

"Yes, I'll call for an ambulance immediately. But about making that report on all the things that have happened here—will they believe it?" replied Kimura Akino, very doubtful about how that report would look.

Would they believe it?

Miyazaki Rui laughed wryly. It was true. If one had not witnessed the incident in person, it would be hard to believe such nonsense about genetically mutated human beings. Everyone in the police department would think that they had made up the story. Imagine having to report that incident when Xiao Han collided with the car—the car got smashed up, and he walked away unhurt. And not forgetting that he continued to fight with the genetically mutated human being, even jumping to heights of four to five meters. How were they going to report these without sounding like they were crazy? No matter how hard they tried, no one would believe them.

"Regardless of whether they believe it, we have to report everything that happened. We will leave it up to them to judge," Miyazaki-san said.

"Okay."

Kimura Akino nodded his head and accepted Miyazaki Ronjin's instruction.

...

[Lotus Manor, Central Dongjing]

Xiao Luo looked at the mansion in front of him and was a little surprised to find such a mansion right in the middle of a bustling city. There were two stone lion statues placed at the main entrance. It reminded him of the homes of high-ranking officials of the Hua Nation in ancient times. Since he was reconnoitering covertly, he did not enter from the main entrance. He took another route where they had no surveillance cameras. He leaped across the high wall and landed in the courtyard without making a sound.

Cobblestones covered the courtyard grounds. The landscape had a traditional appeal, with flowers and trees lining the walls. There were two stone lamps in the middle of the courtyard, contrasting aesthetically with the black glazed tiles that covered the walls. A pavilion stood majestically as a prominent feature of the landscape, and in the distance, they built a small bridge over a stream of running water. This place could easily be mistaken for a mansion in ancient Hua Nation. The only difference here was that the stone lamps had Japanese characters carved into them, and the images printed on the doors and windows depicted Ri nation women in their traditional costumes. These touches gave the place a rich sense of their culture.

Xiao Luo sauntered around as if the premises belong to him. This villa and its surrounding garden were expansive and even included a lake, a rock garden, and a man-made forest. If he had known that it was this vast, he would have entered from the main entrance and asked someone for Asou Jiro, the head of the Asou family.

But it was not too late to do that now. Xiao Luo walked into the villa along the cobblestone path. After walking for a short distance, a man in a leather jacket appeared. He was holding onto a manuscript.

Xiao Luo was about to question him when the man noticed him and waved his hands at him frantically. "Do you know what time it is? Why did you only arrive now? Hurry it up! I've been waiting for you to get to work," he said.

Get to work?

Those words puzzled Xiao Luo. He pointed to himself and asked, "Are you talking to me?"

The man was fuming. "Who else? Does it look like I'm talking to a ghost? Quickly, come with me now. Otherwise, I'm going to cut your pay," he scowled.