Chapter 383: Infiltration

Beginne am Anfang

The entrance was a heavy, bulletproof metal door. The leader of the security team keyed in the password on the keypad at the side of the door, and then Xiao Luo unlocked it by the facial recognition system using Matsushita Take's face.

"Facial recognition successful!"

A synthesized female voice rang out. The heavy metal door slowly rolled up.

Immediately, a gust of biting cold air blew out from within. Suzuki Ikuo and his two henchmen shivered with their hair standing on ends. What they saw in front of them was not the facility, but a dark corridor, and there they could make out a series of tunnels and trams. It looked like a subway platform, except that this platform was modest in size. Other than the immediate tram area, every other part of the complex was pitch-black.

Xiao Luo stepped onto the tram without waiting, but Suzuki Ikuo hesitated and said, "Mr. Xiao... Major General Matsushita..."

Suzuki Ikuo almost slipped up and called his name, but he quickly recovered and addressed Xiao Luo as "Major General Matsushita" when the latter glared at him. Xiao Luo did not have the same face as before—he was Matsushita Take.

"What's the matter?" Xiao Luo snarled. Suzuki Ikuo could not help but tremble when the man glared at him coldly.

"N-nothing..." Suzuki Ikuo responded with a nervous laugh. He did not even dare to suggest leaving, for he knew that he had to stick with this Hua nation demon for now. He had no choice but to step into this place, even if it were hell.

Xiao Luo huffed and then turned around and step into the tram followed by Suzuki Ikuo and his men.

The tram ran on a program, and the leader of the security team promptly tinkered around with the controls before turning around to Xiao Luo. "Major General Matsushita, all you need to do is press this green button here, and the tram will automatically bring you to the base," he said.

THWACK!

Xiao Luo smacked the man heavily with his palm, and it caused the leader of the security team to tear up slightly. He looked at Xiao Luo like a woman scorned. "I've been here so many times. You think I need you to tell me what to do?"

The fact was, Xiao Luo needed guidance from the security team leader, but he needed to keep the man on the defensive by continually scaring him. Besides, it was quite a thrill to slap someone like this, and he had grown so accustomed to it that his hand moved on its own accord.

"Yes, Sir!"

The leader immediately stood with his back ramrod straight and nodded stiffly.

"You can get out now!" Xiao Luo said.

"Yes, Sir!"

The leader hurriedly alighted the tram and instantly felt an enormous weight lifted off of his shoulder.

Xiao Luo pressed the green button, and they started to move deeper into the tunnel.

"Since when did Major General Matsushita's temper become this bad, captain?" a guard asked the security team leader after the tram departed.

"How the f*ck would I know?"

There was no question that the security team leader was thoroughly annoyed. Xiao Luo had slapped him three times across the face for no apparent reason. He took all three hits on the left side of his face, and now he felt nothing but a lingering burning sensation.

"Do you think that is an impostor? Those three do not seem to look like his subordinates from the previous visits," the same guard said. He had his doubts.

SLAP!

The leader smacked the guard so hard that he saw stars, but he still tried his best to maintain a straight posture.