Chapter 367: Ridiculous

Start from the beginning

Su Li glanced at what was showing on the television. It was the story between a group of hyenas and a group of lions taking place at the vast African savanna. They were both at the top of the food chain and carried out their activities in packs. The program showed bloody scenes of the hunters and the hunted, and it was evident that life on the vast grasslands of the savanna was cruel and unforgiving–such was life on Earth.

"Do you actually enjoy watching these kinds of shows?" Su Li said. She was trying to make conversation.

"I had nothing else better to do so I just turned it on and thought it was pretty interesting. These hyenas might look small but won't hesitate to steal food from a lion's mouth when they're hungry," Xiao Luo replied as he sat down beside her, about half a meter away from one another.

"Is that so?"

Su Li furrowed her brows. Although she was looking forward to closing the distance between her and Xiao Luo, doing so was a little daunting for her and made her feel awkward. The present moment was a fine example–since she had poured her heart and soul into Sumir, all she wanted was for this guy to comfort her. Now that she was suffering such mounting pressure on her business all of a sudden, it would be a lie to say that she was not feeling depressed about it.

"That's right. See, aren't they stealing the lion's prey right now?"

Xiao Luo finally found a common topic for him to talk about with her and he was not going to let this opportunity slip. He was also sure of his gut-feeling and was convinced that she liked him as well. She didn't know how to express it. Otherwise, back when he was in Libya, they wouldn't have chatted on WeChat till midnight. It was a memorable moment and if he had not been in Libya back then but here in this apartment, he was sure that he would have broken down her apartment door, walk toward Su Li and hugged her.

"Do you know which part of the prey do hyenas love attacking the most?" he asked.

Su Li shook her head, indicating that she didn't know. "Which part?" she said.

"The excretory opening, also known as the anus," Xiao Luo said matter-of-factly.

"Huh?" As soon as Su Li heard that, her pretty face turned red and her eyes were opened wide. She turned her head around to look at this man, and thought to herself, that kind of word, how could this guy say something like that while keeping a straight face?

But she still responded, "Why is that so?"

"This is a kind of strategy. You can also say that this is a predicament caused by their stature–hyenas are short. They can't bite into their prey's neck, but as the underbelly and rear end are much softer than the other parts, so they can easily bite down on it. As long as they can bite into their intestines, no matter how far their prey runs, their intestines will still be in the hyena's mouth. The more the prey runs and struggles, the more their intestines are going to get pulled out. Eventually, they'll achieve their goal of killing their prey. This instinct is already an instinct and is embedded into their genes," Xiao Luo explained. He felt that this was basic animal instinct, so, he naturally said everything he wanted to say.

But Su Li's hair was standing on ends after listening to that. Just picturing the bloody scene, and one that involved a body part that was embarrassing even to mention, to begin with, Su Li found herself feeling awkward and uncomfortable with the feeling she was experiencing right now. Besides the four words "a kind of strategy," reminded her of her Sumir and Luo Workshop. No matter how she thought about it, Luo Workshop was like the hyena, while her Sumir was the prey.

She quickly drank her tea to get Xiao Luo to stop talking about it. "Alright, I got it. What about lions then?"

"Lions have a huge body. They are powerful and won't attack the anus like the hyenas. They will bite straight down into their prey's throat. But when they are devouring their prey, some lions do enjoy starting from their prey's anus as well..."