Chapter 358: Kill Me If You Want

Mulai dari awal

Whoosh~

At this moment, the brush in the distance shook a little. Mina and the rest immediately turned to open fire in that direction.

RAT TATAT TAT TAT!

The concentration of gunfire looked like a snake of fire dragging its long tail, heading towards the brush manically as they opened fire. Countless branches and leaves were sent flying into the air. As for whether they hit the target, no one was aware.

"Hold your fire!" Mina called out after they finished firing.

When the firing stopped, the entire place fell silent. Gesturing with her eyes, Mina signaled for the two soldiers beside her to take a look.

The two of them nodded as they accepted the order and watched each other's backs as they headed towards the bush. All their focus was devoted to detecting their enemy, and neither of them had noticed a thin cord stretched across their path. The one in front realized his leg had snagged into something, but before he could react, all they heard was the sound of a grenade going off.

The explosion was deafening, and the pair of them were immediately blown up along with the clumps of earth.

Mina and her team noticed something was flying toward them, and someone caught the object instinctively. But then they got a good look, and they realized that it was a bloody severed arm that belonged to one of their squadmates–the very same arm that had been blown off by the grenade. And their two squadmates were already lying motionlessly on the ground, their bodies scorched black and covered with a thin layer of dirt.

They felt chills and were already tense and high-strung, on the verge of a breakdown!

Aside from Mina, the other three soldiers raised their assault rifles and swept the entire area with reckless and maniacal gunfire. They believed that they would somehow hit the enemy as long as they covered the arc of fire around them with enough bullets.

But this was obviously ineffective. Xiao Luo had already silently crept behind them. The reaper's scythe struck out again, and the three Mei soldiers collapsed in their own blood without even knowing when their throats had been slit. Their eyes were wide open in their last struggles to cling on to life.

Mina was overwhelmed with shock. When she realized that Xiao Luo was right in front of her, just barely three meters away. She immediately raised her gun to open fire.

BANG!

The high-velocity bullet shot out, but there was no explosion as one would expect.

Mina's eyes were wide with fear as she stared at Xiao Luo, who was rooted to the ground, unmoving. She was convinced that her aim was true, so why did the bullet not hit him? Had the man managed to dodge the bullet? A shot from a high-powered rifle, from just three meters away?

A gust of chilly air descended from above, blanketing her entire body with ice.

She immediately snapped to her senses. She took aim again and fired. But this time, before she could pull the trigger, Xiao Luo had already appeared in front of her. He grabbed her sniper rifle with a strong grip and kicked her abdomen.

"Argh!"

A scream, and then Mina was sent reeling back helplessly as a kite cut from the string. She crashed heavily into the ground four meters away. All of the bones in her body felt like they had shattered, and an overwhelming pain consumed her. She choked and then spat out the blood in her mouth.

When she raised her head, she was staring right into the muzzle of her rifle!

Huh?

Mina's face paled as she stared right at Xiao Luo, who was looking down at her indifferently. She swallowed painfully and then breathed heavily in fear.