Chapter 328: The Surprising Informant

Start from the beginning

Qiu Yuanjie and his teammates had been waiting for him for some time, and he briefed Xiao Luo on the plan. "This operation is a joint-initiative with different departments such as the Provincial Public Security Bureau and the Trade and Commerce Bureau. All the MLM guys are present in the hall and there are already more than three thousand members from all around the country in there with them. These are the middle-tier members and are mostly retired or laid off middle-age or elderly victims. They have some savings but are unwilling to fall back and be a burden to society—anyway, that's what the MLM company told them as part of their brainwashing process. Each of them planned to invest one hundred thousand and the MLM speaker will be brainwashing them for the last time."

"These people here are the officers who will arrest the people inside, right?"

Xiao Luo glanced at the countless undercover police officers who had surrounded the Trade Building. These people looked very sharp and alert, and it wouldn't have been too difficult to guess their identities even when they were in plain clothes.

"Yep, this is a perfect opportunity to get rid of the entire MLM network in Xiahai City. Nobody here is going to let this slip by easily." Qiu Yuanjie said.

"Have you found out who the Fog is?" Xiao Luo asked.

Qiu Yuanjie shook his head and said, "About this... nope. But I am sure that the people inside will know, so we just have to interrogate them one by one."

"That's probably the only way."

Xiao Luo had quite some respect for the Fog as he could execute such a large-scale MLM event without even showing himself at all. He was indeed a genius.

******

******

The MLM company was not aware that it was being surrounded by the government departments. Both Xiao Luo and Qiu Yuanjie had attended the gathering as ordinary civilians, so the MLM staff did not detect anything suspicious. Instead, they had very passionate smiles on their faces when greeting them.

"They promoted and built the image of the speaker as a successful world-class public figure and even photoshopped him with the leaders of various countries for authenticity. There are twenty-six MLM people who are involved in this scam here and they are all at managerial levels. If we can arrest them, we will be able to trace their downlines and arrest every one of them. After today, there will not be any more MLM personnel in Xiahai City." Qiu Yuanjie said to Xiao Luo with high confidence.

"Hopefully."

Xiao Luo found a spot to sit down.

At this time, a group of men in suits emerged from backstage to the podium.

"Allow me to introduce everyone to this very special man—here he is, Mr. Guan, the managing director in charge of the Southeast Asia branch of the Atlantic Business Investment Group. Now, we are honored to have Mr. Guan to give us a few words and you can ask him any questions that you have. He is the expert of this industry when it comes to investments," the master of ceremony made the introduction to the three thousand people in the hall.

Some applauses were heard, but they were not too enthusiastic. It could be due to Mr. Guan, who looked relatively young, making the audience feeling unconvinced. After all, there were many stories about self-made millionaires these days, so it was difficult to tell if these people were telling the truth or not. Some people had already started to question if they have been scammed.

As for Xiao Luo, he was utterly shocked because Mr. Guan was none other than his old classmate, Guan Tong.

He donned in a suit and wore a tie, looking very sharp like a genuinely successful member of society!