Chapter 326: Senior Official

Start from the beginning

"Oh no, it's over!"

Those words flashed in his head. There was a desperate scream as he fell beyond the cliff's edge, his anguished cry trailing off until a sickening thud ended it some three to four seconds later.

It was hard granite at the bottom of the cliff, and there was no need for second-guesses. Zhuo Wei was now a bloody heap of flesh and bones.

Even though they were brothers, in the face of death and the bad fortune of encountering a terrifying killer like Xiao Luo, Zhuo Yuze cowered in fear.

"I think I'm doing you both a great favor by making this place your grave," Xiao Luo said. He sighed as he lifted his head and looked at the surrounding scenery of Wild Wolf Mountain.

"You can't kill me! I'm the commander of this entire military region. You don't have the right to do this just because you're from the NSA. If you even touch me, the authorities will punish you!" Xiao Luo was glowering with murderous intent, and it caused Zhuo Yuze's body to tremble in fear. He no longer felt the stinging pain in his swollen face.

Xiao Luo raised his hand, and as he stretched out his five fingers, an assault rifle instantly came flying into his hand. He swiveled around and took aim. Zhuo Yuze barely had time to react before Xiao Luo pulled the trigger.

RAT-TAT-TAT

The assault rifle was on automatic mode and spat out a continuous barrage of shots. Xiao Luo emptied the entire clip, and when the shooting stopped, what was left of Zhuo Yuze was only a pile of mashed-up meat. It was impossible to even differentiate between flesh and bone any more.

Looking at what remained of Zhuo Yuze's body, now strewn in little pieces, Xiao Luo took a deep breath. Without any expression on his face, he said, "I've already killed you, but so what?"

Just like kicking a can, he went over and kicked the heap of flesh and bones off the cliff. It had become the burial place of the Zhuo brothers.

After finishing the job, Xiao Luo took out his handphone and dialed Ji Siying's number, explaining the entire situation that had taken place.

"Mr. Xiao Luo, I'll report it to the superiors and send people there to clean things up. Investigating corrupt senior officials is one of the NSA's core roles, ensuring the country's safety. Zhuo Yuze has already been on our blacklist for quite a while. He has used his authority, embezzled military funds, and privately got a gun license for his younger brother, Zhuo Wei. The reason why we never took action before this was because of the people he had behind his back, but since Mr. Xiao Luo has already taken care of him, it's about time we take care of his backers as well," Ji Siying said.

"The people behind his back?"

Xiao Luo said suspiciously, "Is it a senior official?"

"Yes, it's the Bai family from Jingcheng. He's the son-in-law of the Bai family. There's a national deputy officer from the Bai family standing on an equal footing as our director."

"That strong an influence?"

"Yes, but you don't have to worry about anything, Mr. Xiao Luo. Our director will negotiate with the Bai family. I believe with all the notorious things that Zhuo Yuze has done, the Bai family will prefer to stay on good terms with us."

"All right, understood."

Xiao Luo nodded his head. He finally understood why Zhuo Yuze was able to get promoted so quickly and why Zhuo Wei could freely go about exposing the private lives of so many celebrities without any repercussions. Nobody would dare offend them on account of his backing from the Bai family.