Chapter 270: Retaliate

Start from the beginning

"Oh? Do you think you have some special qualities that could impress me and land you the job?" Shen Qingyan sneered as she took a sip of tea.

Xiao Luo didn't respond to her, but nodded his head, looking smug.

Shen Qingyan was amused. "You are pretty confident about yourself, aren't you? I want to know where your confidence came from?" she said.

"From her."

"Her?"

Xiao Luo said, "Yes, her. Before I came, she would've already spoken to you about it, and you've probably promised her that no matter how bad my performance turned out to be, you'll make an exception and hire me. Otherwise, you wouldn't have personally conducted this interview, am I right?" He spoke matter-of-factly, neither humbly nor overbearingly.

As soon as Xiao Luo uttered those words, both the tall woman and Guan Tong looked at him in total shock. They immediately realized that there was more to this man than met the eye, and his status suddenly took on a whole new level.

As much as she tried to suppress it, Shen Qingyan's expression changed instantly. If she had a word to describe him, it would be—despicable! How could he even imply that Su Li had spoken to her? What kind of a man was he to even say such a thing?

Xiao Luo continued, "You and she are the best of friends, and you will do whatever you can to help her. Undoubtedly, I am to be one of your company's sales consultants. Miss Shen, I don't think there's a need to continue this charade, what do you say?"

"Marche à l'ombre! (Walk in the shade!)"

Shen Qingyan jumped to her feet, pounding the table and rebuked Xiao Luo in French, angrily pointing her finger at him. She had alluded to Xiao Luo not to get too cocky and to stay out of the limelight. She couldn't contain herself and had never known such a shameless man before.

Playing on her phrase, Xiao Luo replied in French, "Je suis désolé, il n'y a pas d'arbres ici (I'm sorry, there are no trees here!)"

Huh?"

Shen Qingyan was taken aback as she didn't expect that Xiao Luo could speak French.

Not to be outdone, she continued speaking in French, "It is regrettable when a man lacks knowledge and knows not self-restraint, and you, Sir, fit the description of such a miserable man."

"I know not if I can be considered to be such a miserable man, but I do know that I'm a person who loves to think. Honoré de Balzac once said that 'men of thought believe in a divine providence,' therefore I'd surmise that a person who can think is a person with limitless strength," Xiao Luo responded.

Shen Qingyan was stunned after hearing Xiao Luo's articulate riposte in French. She had studied for more than two years to have acquired such proficiency in the French language, yet, Xiao Luo, a country bumpkin as far as she knew, had just conversed with her like he was a native speaker.

She wouldn't have been so surprised if he had just spoken English, but French? Was French the foreign language that he studied during university?

Shen Qingyan refused to accept defeat. She uttered in Russian, "пошелнахуй, сыншлюхи!"

Xiao Luo's eyebrows furrowed deeply because the sentence meant: f**k you, son of a wh*re.

He thought that it was unbecoming of a woman of culture to utter such that such obscenities.

"Miss Shen, please respect yourself," Xiao Luo responded in fluent Russian.

What, he knows Russian as well?!