"Yeah, he really didn't. This wasn't his plan at all", Lucas said, pressing a kiss atop of Steve's hair. "Talk to me. Tell me how you're doing, what's going on inside your head", he asked.

Tyler told him not to rush, so Lucas didn't. He stayed for a while, he listened to Steve, they talked about what happened, they hugged a lot; Steve was so happy that Lucas was there for him right now. They also talked about how Tyler was his soulmate, and no matter what would happen, they'd be part of each other's lives for the rest of their lives just like Lucas and Tyler.

But also, each other's.

"You're my soulmate too, y'know", Steve said as his crying had temporarily calmed down a bit. "You and Ty are unlike any other human relationship I've ever had with anyone. You're just... my people, my boys", Steve said. "Yeah, always", Lucas said. "You and Ty are soulmates, Ty and I are, and you and I", Lucas said. Steve's breathing stuttered, and he nodded. "Always."

Steve was hungry, but too exhausted to try and make anything for himself. He didn't feel hungry, but he hadn't eaten all day, because he'd been nervous for Tyler coming back. Now that they broke up, it was even worse.

Lucas got Steve to sit on the couch and he wrapped him in some blankets, to get him more warm and cozy. He then used some leftover ingredients to make Steve a quick meal, to make sure he had something to eat.

As Steve picked away at his food, some random house renovating show played on the tv softly, and Lucas kept him company a little while longer.

"You should go- go back to Ty. He's- he's still waiting in the car", Steve said. "Yeah, I gotta take him back", Lucas said. "He told me not to rush, but it's been almost an hour and a half", he said. "G-go take care of him, please", Steve asked. "I will, I promise", Lucas assured him. "I have to work during the week but next weekend I'm coming back up here to check on you okay?" Lucas said. "You- you don't have to, you're Ty's best friend f-first", Steve said. "And I'll be with him every day. But I'm gonna come up here to see you next weekend whether you agree or not. You're important to me", Lucas said.

"Thank you", Steve told him softly. "I- I could really use that." "That's settled then", Lucas said as he kissed Steve's forehead. "You have to promise both of us to take care of yourself. Reach out to me, to Tyler, whenever you need it okay? We're not banning you from our lives. We want you to be in it. We're here for you, always", Lucas told him.

They gave each other a long, tight hug and kisses on each other's cheeks, before they said goodbye. It hurt Lucas to leave Steve, but Tyler was the most reckless and self-destructive out of the two. He had to care for Tyler the most.

As he put his coat and shoes back on, and he opened the front door, he saw Gabe running up to the steps through the rain.

"Gabe!" He said. "Luke! Tyler called me, he told me what happened", he said as he got under the covered area. "Yeah... didn't expect this at all", Lucas said with a soft sigh. "Jeez, tell me about it. I thought those two were unbreakable", Gabe said. "They still are", Lucas replied. "Just... in a bit of a different way", he said. "Yeah... I can't imagine them ever not being in each other's lives, honestly", Gabe said, and of course Lucas agreed.

"Can you take Steve to his apartment?" Lucas then asked. "This big empty quiet house won't do him any good. The liveliness of the city as background noise will help, I think", he said. "Yeah, that's a good idea. I will", Gabe nodded. "I'm gonna stay with him for a while." "Oh that's taking a lot of my worries away. Thank you", Lucas said. "Next weekend I'll come up here to see how he's doing. D'you think you'll be staying with him 'til then?" Lucas asked. "Yeah, definitely. I don't have any obligations elsewhere right now so Steve's my priority", he said.