242: Strength Is Shoot To Score

Mulai dari awal

He may have been too ambitious and fixated with looking impressive, as his blocking hand was just shy of a few centimeters as the ball sailed over him. And before he could even turn, he heard the familiar thud; just like the previous shots, it went through the hoop cleanly once again.

Three tries, and three baskets, and all taken from outside the three-point line!

As Yang Hongzhi cushioned his landing with bent knees, he still couldn't believe what had happened. He timed his block to perfection this time, and yet, Xiao Luo still got the shot through, how was that even possible?

The two bodyguards were equally stunned as this was the first time that they had seen anyone score three consecutively shots, let alone three-pointers when playing against their young master.

"Li, where did you find this man, he's quite interesting!"

Shen Qingyan started to take notice of Xiao Luo more seriously for the first time. Initially, she expected Xiao Luo to be absolutely destroyed by Yang Hongzhi, but the opposite seemed to have held true.

"I met him at Jiangcheng during my last concert."

As Su Li spoke, her eyes were on trained on Xiao Luo, and she was surprised by what she saw. She knew better than anyone that Yang Hongzhi was a genuine sports fanatic, and he had even hired renowned coaches from CBA to train and mentor him in basketball. Besides, he was very active in kickboxing and went to the gym regularly, making him extremely fit, physically. One could say that, when it came to basketball across the Xiahai area, Yang Hongzhi was virtually invincible.

"Yay! Daddy's the greatest... fighting, daddy!"

Su Xiaobei was jumping up and down excitedly, clapping her tiny hands and cheering for her daddy, Xiao Luo. Standing next to her, Luo Pingxiang was equally animated.

But to Yang Hongzhi, hearing that cheer was a mortal stab to the heart. His mouth twitched in spasms, and he could no longer retain his smile. Furiously, he snapped at Xiao Luo, "Do you only know how to shoot?!"

"Shooting is my strength, that's how you win a game!" Xiao Luo retorted, clearly intending to get under his skin.

Yang Hongzhi's face darkened with rage, and he no longer smiled. "Fine, continue then! Let's see if you can land every single shot!"

His bodyguard threw him the ball...

Yang Hongzhi had now pushed Xiao Luo further toward the mid-court, and Xiao Luo was now nearly one and a half meters from the three-point arc. At such a distance, the probability of scoring a basket was much lower, even for a professional player.

"Let's continue!"

Yang Hongzhi took a deep breath and passed the ball to Xiao Luo.

Xiao Luo smirked at him, then without any hesitation, he jumped immediately to shoot after receiving the ball, just like how he had done it in the last three.

Despite the longer distance, Xia Luo's shot was an exact repeat of the previous three, and it almost seemed like the basketball had grown a pair of eyes and was guiding itself toward the basket.

Then, the fifth shot scored...

The sixth shot scored...

The seventh shot scored...

And even the eighth shot landed! Both Shen Qingyan and Su li could not believe what they had just witnessed and were now truly awed, to the point they had to catch their breath. All eight shots were executed with the same technique—all scored by a jump shot taken outside the three-point line. Although there were no exciting passages of offensive and defensive play nor the clash between bodies, the perfect execution of Xiao Luo's technique was more than a treat to watch.