Year 7 Chapter 10

"But you two carry on. Don't let me spoil the fun. Or Y/n, she can't help but mourn her brother's death." He said, sarcasm dripping with every word he spoke.

"What wrong?" Harry asked, angrily, now facing Ron.

"Wrong? Nothing's wrong. Not according to you, anyway." Ron spoke.

"Look, if you've got something to say, don't be shy. Spit it out." Harry raised his voice.

"Hazza, stop. He's got the locket, he doesn't know what he's saying." Y/n added, trying to ease the tension.

"Alright. I'll spit it out. But don't expect me to be grateful just because now there's another damn thing we've go to find." Ron started to raise his voice too.

"I thought you knew what you signed up for!" Harry spat.

"Yeah. I thought I did, too." Ron sneered.

"Well, then, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? Did you think we we're gonna be staying in a five-star hotel? Finding a horcrux every other day? You thought you'd be back with your mum by Christmas?" Harry asked, sarcastically. As he walked out of the dinning area and into the front of the tent, Y/n following behind, and Hermione slowly walking too.

"I just thought after all this time we would've actually achieved something. I thought you knew what you were doing. I thought Dumbledore would've told you something worthwhile. I thought you had a plan!" Ron shouted.

"I told you everything Dumbledore told me. And I'm case you haven't noticed, we've found a horcrux already." Harry retorted, gesturing to Ron's neck.

"Yeah, and we're as close to getting rid of it as we are to finding the red of them, aren't we?" He snapped.

"Ron, please take the horcrux off, you wouldn't be saying any of this if you haven't been wearing it all day." Hermione started to cry, trying to get the locket off him, but he pushed her off.

"Do you want to know why I listen to that radio every night, do you? To make sure I don't hear Ginny's name or Fred or George or Mum. And Y/n did hear someone's name, she heard her brother's name. And do you know when was the last time she saw him? When she left him to come save your bloody ass!" Ron shouted.

"Don't drag Nick into this!" Y/n shouted, not wanting to talk about it.

"What, you think I'm not listening, too?! You think I don't know how it feels!?" Harry shouted.

"No, you don't know how it feels! Your parents are dead! You have no family! Honestly, Malfoy could have a better idea, knowing that the love of his life is on the run, having no idea where she is! Or who he is! He would know how it feels better than you!" Ron shouted.

"Ron! Stop! My family is as good as Harry's!" Y/n shouted, marching up to Ron, but Hermione held her back, which she didn't hesitate as she didn't want to hurt the girl. Meanwhile, Ron and Harry wrestled for a while, before Hermione pulled them apart.

"Fine! Then go then! Go!" Harry shouted. Ron panted, before throwing the locket to the ground and taking his bag.

"Ron." Hermione mumbled.

"And you? Are you coming or are you staying?!" Ron asked Hermione, to which she looked back, meaning she was staying, making Harry grin on accomplishment.

"Y/n?" Ron asked.

"I'll go. It's best we separate for a while." Y/n said.

"Y/n, wait! I need you here." Harry said, coming up to his best friend.

"No, Harry. You don't. Isn't Hermione brilliant enough? And you talk about being my best friend, when you haven't even asked me how I am after my brother died. I'm sorry, but I don't think you really need me here." She said, turning around and walking off with Ron.

"Y/n wait!" Harry called, a frown now on his face, and a tear slipping from his eye.

"I saw you two the other day." Ron snarled, as the two walked out.

"Ron, that meant nothing! Ron!" Hermione called after him, but it was too late, as he had taken Y/n's hand and the two had disapperated.

•—•

"Diagon Alley? Seriously?" Y/n asked, as the two landed themselves there.

"Ron, I'm criminal. They'd throw me in Azkaban if I was spotted." Y/n hissed.

"I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe we should go back. You could jump as back, can't you?" Ron asked, as they didn't notice a group of snatchers approaching.

"No. They'd take us for granted. Not to mention, it's too soon, some space could do us some good." Y/n said, and Ron nodded.

"You're right, but where—" However, he was interrupted as a ground os snatchers bumped into the duo.

"Watch it, you filths!" One shouted, as he shoved past them. Ron saw his wand sticking out of his pocket, almost falling out, and snatched it, shoving it up his sleeve. The snatchers, clearly drunk, just ignored the duo, and continued walking off.

"Good going, Ron." Y/n spoke, patting his back.

"Thanks, N/n." He sighed.

"So where to now?" He asked, turning to face her.

"I have an idea."
•—•

"Your house?" Ron asked, as the two appeared in a penthouse, in the middle of London.

"Mum and Harry are in hiding, Dad's staying with Lupin and Tonks, and, well, Nick's meant to be at Hogwarts, but we know how that it." She said, as Ron flopped onto the sofa.

"Well, we've got endless snacks, TV, and pajamas." Y/n said, falling onto the sofa too.

"You know... we could be here a while." Ron spoke, seeing the ice cream.

"Till the food runs out." Y/n spoke.

"Bet."
•—•

It had been more than a few weeks, and the food did run out, which, according to their deal, meant it was time to return to Harry and Hermione.

"Y/n, do we have to go?" Ron groaned, not wanting to get off the sofa, which he was snuggled in a blanket, on.

"Yes, Ronda, we do. They need us, even if they act like stuck ups. And did you see how Hermione cried, not wanting you to go? How Harry begged me not to leave? They have their own crap too. We got to see that. Now let's go." She said, standing up, and stretching her hand out.

Then a light came out of Ron's deluminator, and it floated in front of his face for a bit. It was a voice calling out his name. Hermione's voice.

"I think that's a sign, Ron." Y/n spoke, as the light went through his heart.

"Let's go." Ron said, standing up too, and taking her hand, as the two jumped.