Year 4 Chapter 22

The Golden Team and Draco walked through the forbidden forest with Hagrid. Hermione and Ron walked right next to him, Harry a bit further off, Y/n and Draco a bit further out, holding hands.

"When I first met you lot, you were just a bunch of misfits!" Hagrid joked, causing everyone to lightly chuckle.

"Why's Malfoy here?" You heard Hermione's whisper to Ron.

"They're kind of a package deal now. He isn't too bad." Ron answered, making Draco laugh.

"Biggest bunch of misfits I set eyes on."

"What do you expect, a mudblood, blood traitor, boy who lived with a tragic backstory and a girl rumored to be the most powerful being in the realm." Draco spoke.

"And here we al are, four years later." Hagrid continued.

"We're still a bunch of misfits." Ron laughed

"Well, maybe, but we've all got each other. And Harry of course, soon to be the youngest triwizard champion there's ever been! Hooray!" They then started singing the Hogwarts song, but something was off with Harry. Which lead to Draco and Y/n walking up to him. They soon spotted a hat. Odd.

Harry grunted as his scar started to burn. They walked around the tree to see legs. They were completely still. Y/n's blood ran cold and Draco stopped holding her hand, instead wrapped his hand around her, pulling her close. They walked closer to see the dead body of Crouch.

"Mr. Crouch?" Harry asked, worried.

"I never liked him, but I didn't want him dead." Draco mumbled. Y/n stayed completely silent, but then she opened her mouth.

"Dead. I can't hear his thoughts nor fell the presence of his soul."

•—•

Harry and Y/n stood outside Dumbledore's office, only to hear him screaming at someone. Which meant something was going on for sure.

"A man has died Crouch! You need to take action!" He yelled.

"I will not! In times like these, the wizard world looks to its leaders for strength, Dumbledore." Fudge spoke.

"Then show them some!"

"The Triwizard tournament will not be canceled. I will not be seen as a coward!"

"A true leader does what is right, no matter what others think."

"What did you say? What did you say to me?!"

"Beef." Y/n muttered, making Harry laugh.

"Excuse me, gentlemen." Damn Moody's in there too.

"It may interest you to know this conversation is no longer private."

"Shit, we've been busted." Harry cursed. He opened the door to reveal Harry and Y/n.

"Oh Fudge." She mumbled. Harry laughed at her pun.

"Harry! Y/n! How good to see you again." He smiled.

"We can come back another time, Professor." Harry spoke.

"As much as I wanted to see this shit show." Y/n mumbled to herself.

"Not necessary, Harry, Y/n. The minister and I are done. I'll be back in a moment. Minister, after you. There you are, your hat." And the two began to leave the room.