Year 6 Chapter 13

Harry let out a fake laugh as Slughorn greeted him, patting the chosen one on the back before leaving to greet other guests

"Drink?" Someone asked, approaching the pair of you.

Neville." Harry smiled.

"Hey, Nev." Y/n greeted.

"I didn't get into the Slug Club." He sighed, disappointment flashing across his face.

"That's cause Slughorn has bad taste." Y/n added, taking a drink from Neville, and topping it off with some firewhiskey she had in a small flask, which she hid in her dress.

"It's okay though." Neville smiled slightly.

"No it isn't, Slughorn's a bitch who hasn't grown up. Only gathering purebloods from high class families or famous people? That's such a childish thing to do. Basically that's all the bitchy first years, showing he isn't any more mature than an 11 year old." Y/n scoffed, as Harry took the tiny flask from her, topping himself off too.

"Well, I'm more lucky than Belby. He's handing out towels in the loo." Neville joked.

"Well, looks like Slugy did something right." Y/n mumbled as she sipped her drink.

"Thanks, mate." Harry smiled, as Neville left.

"Hey, how come Hermione's the only muggle born?" Harry asked, nudging you.

"Slugy needed at least one, otherwise it'd look like he's a pure blood prejudice. That's my guess, at least. Besides, Hermione's smart. That's useful to some people, I guess."

"And why isn't it useful to you?" He asked, nudging you playfully, making you sling an arm around him.

"Because, Hazza. We're rich, pretty and well known." Y/n joked.

"Weren't you the same girl who ranted about Slughorn being a prejudice 11 year old."

"In my defense, I'm 16. The man's well over 100. You'd thing he'd be a tad wise." Y/n spoke. She was aware being smart and having brains was important. But sometimes she like to joke around that way with Harry.

"I think that's some drama that we must check out." Y/n spoke, directing Harry's attention to the scrambling Hermione, in a puffy pink dress, hiding behind the curtains.

"It's going to blow up in her face, that's a bet." Harry spoke.

"It's going to blow up in her date's face. That's my best." Y/n added. The two walked their way over to Hermione, wide grins on their faces as they went behind the curtains.

"Hermione. What are you doing? And what happened to you?" Harry asked, slightly panicked. Hermione then looked at you, as you leaned against the wall watching in amusement.

"Don't mind me, I'm enjoying it."

"Whatever! I've just escaped. I mean, I left Cormac under the mistletoe." She panicked, making you snort.

"Cormac? That's who you invited?" Harry gasped.

"This just got more entertaining."

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most." Hermione's mumbled.

"Amen to that!" Y/n laughed, taking a sip of her drink.

"Ron probably couldn't care less right now, he's off shagging Lavender Brown, I bet. Sadly, I got a glimpse of that once. Never wished the bleach my eyes more." And by saying that, Hermione was about to cry... again.

"Nah nah nah. Don't cry. His dick probably isn't even that big." Y/n rambled, trying to reassure the girl.

"That isn't making it better, Y/n" Harry mumbled, trying to reassure Hermione as well.