Year 6 Chapter 8

Y/n descended the stairs from her dorm room, wearing a tiny black dress, to see the party was in full swing. Only fourth years and above, like instructed. The lights were dimmed and the music blasted from the speakers. Since the twins were gone, Seamus was in charge of the music. Couples and people from all houses were present, dancing, doing body shots, drinking, making out, smoking, giggling as they ran upstairs. Y/n smiled pridefully, waltzing her way to the center of the dance floor.

"Spade." Someone called, making you turn around to see who the voice belonged to. Matthew Hargreeves.

"Hargreeves. You made it." She smiled, as he walked up to her, grabbing her by the waist, pulling her close.

"Glad I could make it to one of your parties. I feel honored to be invited." He smirked, as his hands moved down slightly.

"Starters, it's open invite, so don't start feeling too special. And I'm glad you could make it too." She smiled.

"I thought you had a boyfriend? He isn't here?" Matthew asked, snapping you back to reality, as you pushed yourself away from him.

"I do. And parties aren't his thing. If you'll excuse me." She spoke, excusing herself from the scene and walking over to Harry, grabbing a few drinks and gulping them down.

"Hey, Y/n!" He smiled, pulling the girl into a giddy hug. It was clear he was drunk, y/n was almost there too.

"Hi, Hazza. You know, it's suck a pain when you're at one of these and have nobody to make out with, so body shots, all that crap." She huffed, taking in another drink.

"Tell me about it." He groaned, barely able to walk straight.

"Hey. What If we were each other's partners for tonight?" Harry asked, his head shooting up. Y/n looked at him

"I mean, why not? Draco doesn't give a shit about me, anymore." Y/n mumbled, as Harry took her hand, guiding her to the dance floor.

"It's just benefits, Y/n." Harry assured a tense Y/n, pulling her into a deep kiss.

•—•

Y/n giggles uncontrollably as Harry kissed her neck. He held onto her low waist, as they swayed to the music. She ruffled his hair slightly, making him smile. The two were clearly drunk out of their minds, like the last time they kissed. So far they'd made out, don't body shots, danced in a not so family friendly way, and Godric knows what else had happened. The two wouldn't remember it by the morning anyway. Hermione saw what they were up to, marching over to them in anger. At moments like this she found that staying sober while her friends were crazy drunk, was probably the best idea. Knowing Y/n, she'd probably panic the next day, and run back to Draco, leading Harry on... again. It was probably Harry's only secret that Y/n didn't know of. That he might have the slightest amount of feelings for her. They were very on and off, so he didn't pay much thought to it. Seeing as he could never imagine Y/n as his girlfriend or wife. However, Hermione didn't want them to make the mistake of experimenting .

"What on Earth do you think you're doing?!" She fumed, ripping the two away from each other before it escalated.

"Having a good time? What's your problem?!" Harry shouted, annoyed out of his mind.

"My problem, is that Y/n has a boyfriend, and Godric knows what he'll do, when he sees the two of you like this!" Hermione lectured as the two were struggling to keep their hands off the other.

"So what if I make out with her?!" Harry fumed, as Y/n stood silently, watching the scene unfold.

"It's not like her boyfriend is going to come! He's never there for her anyway—" Harry started to shout, but was knocked out as Draco appeared, punching him in the face. Harry fell to the floor, making everyone gasp and circle the two.

"Don't bloody touch her!" Draco screamed, as Harry stumbled his way up to his feet.

"Don't ever bloody try such a stunt again!" He shouted.

"Malfoy, stop! It was as much my fault as it was Harry's!" Y/n yelled, pushing Draco away from Harry.

"You and I need to talk. Now!" He growled, grabbing your forearm and pulling you upstairs.

•—•

"Care to tell me what the fuck all that was about?" Draco spoke firmly, as you sat on the bed, looking at him like a little girl.

"No."

"Y/n Lyra Spade, this isn't a joke. Tell me what this is about." He spoke, starting to lose his patience completely.

"You wouldn't get it."

"Y/n... lovely... if something is wrong, I need you to tell me." Draco said, sitting beside the girl.

"You don't care." She mumbled, putting her hands in her face.

"Where did you ever get that idea from?"

"You. You don't want to talk to me. Be with me. You're always running around doing something or the other. It's crazy. Harry even made up this theory that's you're a Death Eater." She chuckled slightly, being an over sharer when she was drunk. It seemed to catch Draco's attention. It only made him realize that acting strange and distant, only made people more suspicious.

"Dealing, I'm not avoiding you. I just have a lot to do and think about with my Father. I promise that I'm nearly over it. I love you so much. I will always be there for you."

"I love you too, Draco." She mumbled, laying her head in his lap, starting to doze off slightly. At that moment he realized that Y/n didn't deserve the repercussions of him being a Death Eater. But he couldn't bare breaking up with her either, and he knew she couldn't handle it either. Even if she'd never admit it. If only there was another alternative, a way in which they wouldn't be hurting.

"We kissed in fourth year too." She mumbled, making Draco tense up.

"I'm going to kill him."