Year 5 Chapter 5

Y/n and Harry walked through the Gryffindor common room, people started to whisper as Harry walked by, some even scoffed. They held newspapers with Harry's trial on them.

"Dean. Seamus. Good Holliday?" Harry asked politely.

"Alright. Better than Seamus' anyway." Dean spoke. Seamus slammed the newspaper down and got up.

"Me mum didn't want me to come back this year." He started. You knew where this was going.

"Why not?" Harry asked.

"Errrr lemme see— because of you. The daily prophet's been saying a lot of things about you, Harry, and about Dumbledore as well." Y/n was about to step in but Harry held her back.

"What. And your mum believes them?" Harry asked.

"Well, nobody was there the night Cedric died."

"You don't know what your on about! Son of a bitch!" Y/n spoke from behind Harry.

"Did you just call me mum a bitch?!" Seamus shouted.

"Y/n! Let me deal with this." Harry muttered, and you stepped back again.

"Oh, well, I guess you should read the prophet then, like your stupid mother, it'll tell you everything you need to know."

"Don't you dare talk about my mother like that!"

"I'll have a go at anyone that calls me a liar!"

"And so will I." Y/n spoke up again, taking a stand on the center table.

"Listen bitched and bastard, anyone who calls Harry and liar, clearly has a problem with him. And having a problem with Harry, means you have an automatic problem with me. And I don't think any of you want a problem with me." She spoke, angry laced in her voice as her classmates stared in fear.

"What're you bitches snarling at?" Y/n asked a pair of girls who stood beside the sofa, looking her up and down and snarling.

"You're crazy. You're nothing but a rude and arrogant witch, who gets away with everything, is fraternizing with a Slytherins, the worst of them. You're nothing but a shame to Gryffindor house." The blonde one snarled as the brunette gave you dirty looks.

"I guess. But I'm rich a pretty, so it's fine. And it's okay to be jealous virgins just cause you don't have hot boyfriends. And remember who's the descendent of Gryffindor, and who has his blessing." She spoke in a sickeningly sweet tone, which simply cursed the girls egos and they stormed out.

"Anyone else have a proven?" She asked, turning around to see if anyone else wanted to speak up. Instead, everyone shut up and left to their dorms.

"That's what I thought." She smiled a sweet smile, before skipping off to her room.

"You don't always have to come to my defense or help me like that! It's embarrassing to be saved by a girl!" Harry called after you. This bitch really did want to pick a fight.

"I think you're forgetting that's my job. Let me quote it. 'To assist, defend, stand with the chosen one and the Wizarding world in the face of danger'. And don't you dare put me down because I'm a woman. Because without this women, you would of been dead on your first year." She scoffed, before leaving Harry. He was clearly in some sort of mood.

•—•

The next day, Y/n walked into DADA to see the seat beside Harry vacant. He was clearly saving it for her as Ron was in the classroom, but sat a seat down. She instead walked straight past him, as she was still angry, and walked to the back of the classroom, standing at Draco's desk, where he sat alone.

"Mind if I sit with you?" She smiled, his face lit up instantly and he pushed Goyle out off the seat next to him. Next we're Goyle's books which fell on his head.

"Of course you can, lovely." He beamed, and she smiled too, stepping over Goyle and sitting beside him. He immediately slung his arm around her.

"So, how come no sitting with Potter this year?" He asked.

"We had a fight last night, and I think I forgive him too soon all the time, I'll let him reflect one." She answered.

"Why isn't she sitting with me?" Harry whispered to Ron, as he moved across seats to sit beside Harry.

"I think she's pissed. You might want to apologize to her." Ron whispered back.

Y/n scoffed, turning her attention back to Draco. They noticed a little paper bird flying around the classroom, which made everyone laugh and giggle. But it was put to an end as Umbridge came in a burnt it.

"Good morning children. Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations. O-W-L's more commonly known as OWLs."

"The one reason I'd be a muggle." Draco mumbled.

"Actually, Muggles take their own OWLs. They're called GCSE's. And they're meant to be a lot more difficult and less fun. They also take it in their fifth year of upper school, which they call year 11. It's a National exam everyone in the country takes." Y/n explained, making Draco groan even more.

"Can I go to America!?"

"I believe they have something known as the SATs."

"So there's no escape?!"

"Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." She then swished her wand and books started bloating to everyone.

"You're previous knowledge on this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on, you'll be following a carefully structured, ministry-approved course of defensive magic."

"Yes?" She asked as Hermione raised her hand.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells."

"Thus, it's useless." Y/n added.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Draco whispered.

"Putting Umbitch in her place. See, I do this to all useless people, you'll get used to it being my seat mate." She whispered back.

"This isn't a joke. Stop that!"

"No. It isn't. But my glorified hero complex is going to make me open my mouth and put her in her place. Calm down, ferret. This year's just getting started."