Year 4 Chapter 25

"Today. We acknowledge a really terrible loss... Cedric Diggory was, as you all know... exceptionally hard working... infinitely fair minded... and most importantly... a fierce, fierce friend." Dumbledore started his speech.

Y/n and Harry sat in the Gryffindor section, on between Ron and Hermione. The quad held hands as Dumbledore continued his speech. Hermione and Harry were crying while Y/n and Ron hung their heads in sorrow.

"Now, I think therefore, you need to know exactly how he died. You see.. Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort! The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think would be an insult to his memory! Now, the pain... we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me... and remind us... that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues... our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events. The bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest... brave and true, right to the very end."

•—•

Later that very day, everyone was assembled in the quad, saying their goodbyes to the people they had met this year. You saw Draco saying farewell to a few of his Durmstang friends. Viktor and Fleur had bid farewell to you, Fleur even gave you her address to write to, which made you happy, seeing as you made a new friend who was definitely a keeper. Her home had gotten Viktor's address apparently. Ron was kissed by the Delacour sisters. Ron walked down the hallway, meeting Harry, as Hermione swung around the pillar and Y/n jumped through the window, all of them assembling together. The golden quad.

"Do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron joked.

"Not while Harry and I go here." Y/n chuckled.

"No, I don't think so. Oh, well. What's life without a few dragons?" Ron asked.

"And drowning!" Y/n added. The boys and her continued to walk as Hermione stayed back.

"Everything's going to change now, isn't it?" She asked, looking like she was about to cry. Y/n went up to her, looking at her for a moment before hugging her, and she hugged back. Meaning all was forgiven.

"Yes." Harry spoke.

"But, we'll always have each other. That will never change." Y/n mumbled, pulling away from Hermione.

"Promos you'll write this summer. All of you!" Hermione spoke.

"I won't. You know I won't." Ron laughed.

"I'll write of behalf of Harry and me." Y/n laughed. The three walked up to the balcony, looking off in the distance as the two other schools departed.

"Oh my god their bloody boat sank." Y/n mumbled and the other laughed.