Year 5 Chapter 4

Y/n walked beside Nick and Tonks at the train station. Harry was in a mood and she didn't want to deal with that at the moment. The Spades broke off from the Weasleys, heading to the platform, ready to see off their kids at the station.

"Well, take care. Don't associate yourself with the wrong sort. Not a word about the order. Your sister is already on the train. Have a wonderful year." Lyra spoke, hugging her twins as she bid them goodbye.

"Have fun. Don't let the stuff from summer burn you down." Marcus spoke.

"Don't think Sirius doesn't know about your ministry incident with the Malfoy boy! And Y/n- remember-" Lyra started.

"Y/N!" Another voice called, and at the sight of him she left her parents, running up to the platinum blonde and tacking him in a hug.

"Draco." She sighed, finally getting away from her mother.

"Y/N!" Her mother called after her.

"Shit." She mumbled, and ran off inside the train, dragging Draco with her. Her mother attempted to follow her on but a magical barrier stopped her from entering the train.

"No Muggles, sweetheart." Marcus laughed as Lyra fumed. Y/n and Draco stood on the other side of the magical barrier, she grinned in victory.

"Y/n. Lyra. Spade." She started again, but was interrupted as her daughter pulled Draco into a kiss. Her mother gasped and began to bang on the barrier.

"You get away this instant!"

"You can't tell me what to do, as long as I'm on THIS side of the barrier. Goodbye Mother." She smirked, grabbing Draco's arm and walking off while Marcus laughed.

"Are you going to do anything?!" Lyra demanded.

"Let them be. It's fate. I can see it."

"Rubbish!" She stormed off, her red purse flying around as she stomped away.

•—•

Despite Harry's fowl mood, she sat with him on train. He didn't say a word and continued to look out the window, she mostly chatted with Ron and Hermione. The group arrived at Hogwarts, walking on the platform in silence, only to be interrupted by Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle and Spade Jr.

"I'm surprised the ministry is still letting you walk around free, Potter. You better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell In Azkaban with your name on it." He scoffed, which surprisingly made Harry lash out. He went to pounce on Draco, who backed away in an instant. Ron grabbed Harry, to stop him from attacking.

"What'd I tell you? Complete nutter. Dealing, you coming?" Draco asked, and she smiled, taking his hand and leaving with him. Which pissed Harry off more.

"Just stay away from me!" Harry yelled after Draco.

"Crabbe, Goyle, find another carriage. Y/n and I are taking this one." Draco said, as the two got in. And from the distance, Harry could see the two start making out the second they got on and the door closed.

"It's only Malfoy. What do you expect?" Ron asked.

"Why'd she leave with him!?" Harry continued to shouts.

"For starters, those two love each other dearly, and forbidding her from seeing him only makes her want to be with him more. She's going through some strange rebellious faze. Besides, you haven't exactly been a good friend to her. She's been upset and you hadn't bothered asking her about it. Not to mention distancing yourself. From us, we expect it. But from her? That really hurt her, Harry. No wonder she went with Malfoy." Hermione scoffed, walking ahead of the boys.

•—•

Harry wen Y/n sat beside each other at the Gryffindor table, Ron and Hermione opposite them. Despite sitting together, the two weren't on talking terms. Y/n angrily ate her dessert as Harry sat in silence, not eating at all.

"Good evening, everyone." Dumbledore started his yearly speech.

"Shoot me." She mumbled.

"Now, we have two changes of staff this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave." Which made Y/n and Harry confused.

"We also welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher..."

"Which nut case is it this year." Y/n asked joking, which made Ron snort.

"Professor Delores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professor good luck. As usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch..."

"You mean the Slave?" Y/n continued, which only made Ron laugh more.

"Has asked me to remind you—" However he was interrupted by Umbridge clearing her throat.

"Did unicorn vomit just start beef?" Y/n gasped sarcastically, and Ron broke out into a fit of laughter. She slowly walked up to the podium.

"She was at my hearing. She whorls for Fudge." Harry whispered to Y/n.

"Thank you, Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome." She started.

"Best speech ever." Ron breathed, and Y/n nodded in agreement.

"And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me." Literally everyone was frowning or deadpanning.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." She smiled excessively.

"Oh my god she's one of those." Ron gasped.

"She makes me want to stab myself."

"That's likely." The twins, Who were sat behind them, muttered.

"The ministry of magic."

"Here she goes." Y/n grumbled, taking a sip of Coca-Cola which she had smuggled into Hogwarts.

"Has always considered the education is young witches and wizards to be a vital importance."

"The only vitals that need to be checked will be hers if she doesn't wrap up the speech in 2 minutes."

"Easy, Y/n." Hermione warned the girl, who was like a ticking time bomb.

"Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historical school. Progress or the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved. Perfect what can be perfected.

"Someone getting stabbed tonight if the speech doesn't warp up. Me or her." Y/n spoke, clutching onto her butter knife.

"You don't think she'll be able to with that?! Do you?" Ron asked Hermione.

"I don't know with her." Hermione mumbled back.

"And prune practice that ought to be prohibited." She laughed her satanic laugh before going back to her seat. Literally only Dumbledore and Filch clapped.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating...." Dumbledore counties to go on.

"Illuminating? What a load of waffles." Ron scoffed.

"I want waffles." Y/n frowned.

"What's it mean?" Harry asked.

"It means the ministry is interfering at Hogwarts." Hermione sighed.