Year 6 Chapter 21

"Y/n! You have to wake up! We have to go!" Nick shook the girl who lay unconscious on the Hospital bed.

"Please,Y/n. We have to go now!" Nick shouted as she slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the darkness.

"Nick? How'd I get here?" Y/n mumbled S she slowly sat up.

"Horrible period cramps. Pomfrey wanted you to sleep here for a while." Nick rambled.

"Then why'd you wake me up, Nicky?" She grumbled, laying down again, and covering herself with the blanket.

"Y/n! You can't sleep! It's Dumbledore and Harry!" Nick spoke, picking up the girl, making her scream.

"Y/n! Come on!"

"Wait... Harry and Dumbledore? Nick why didn't you say anything sooner?!" She shouted, shaking his arm.

"Let's go!" She instructed, and he sighed.

"This is what I've been on about." He grumbled, and sped off. And in a blink of an eye, they were in the courtyards, and the whole of Hogwarts was crowded, surrounding something. Y/n immediately got out of her brother's arms, pushing past the crowd to get to the front.

"Move, let me though!" She hissed, pushing past all the students in their pajamas. She found Ron and Hermione at the front, look down in pity. And there lay the body of Albus Dumbledore.

Y/n watched in horror, as Harry came up behind her, wrapping an arm around the girl. Harry sniffed slightly, walking over to the body, taking Y/n with him. The two kneeled deon beside him. Harry took the locket.

"I'm sorry. I should've gone with you. If I had, I could of protected you. It's my... fault." She stuttered, guilt consuming her and Harry cried beside her.

"It's not. He would've made you hide too, like he did me. It's not your fault Y/n. And neither is it Draco's." Harry spoke, hugging the for tightly.

"Draco?" She mumbled in confusion, making Harry's eyes widen in shock. He looked back at Hermione, Ron and Nick, who simple shook their heads in pity.

"You're obliviated." He mumbled, but she didn't hear it, as she stared at Dumbledore's body. Draco had obliviated her, he couldn't believe it.

McGonagall raised her wand, honoring Dumbledore, and so did everyone else. They pulled out their. Wands, holding it up with a small bright tip, congrats to the dark gloomy clouds with the Death Eater sign.

Harry continued to sob as his best friend held him, and the rest of the school watched in sorrow as tonight was the fall, of the great Albus Dumbledore.

•—•

The next day, Hermione, Harry and Y/n were leaning against the railing in the Astronomy Tower, while Ron sat back on the steps.

"Do you think they would've done it? Amelia and... you know." Hermione spoke, avoiding the blonde boy's name due to the presence of her friend.

"Amelia was ready to she was firing up her wand, before Snape intervened. As for Draco, he was lowering his wand." Harry replied.

"Draco? Who's that?" Y/n asked, looking at Harry, confusion written all over her face.

"Harry's going mad. There's no Draco. Forget it, Y/n." Hermione interrupted, elbowing Harry in the ribs.

"Oh. Okay."

"However much Amelia was going to do it, it was Snape. It's always Snape. And I did nothing." Harry clarified, and the two girls nodded.

"I can't believe she's a Death Eater, and she almost killed Dumbledore and she fled with them." Y/n muttered.

Harry sighed, passing the two girls the locket, the one that's suspected to be a horcrux.

"It's a fake. Open it." Harry spoke, and Hermione did so. It was windy, and their hair was flying. She opened the locket to reveal a small brown piece of parchment.

"To the Dark Lord. I know I'll be dead long before you read this, but it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. R.A.B." Hermione finished reading, as the tree started at the locket intensely.

"Rab? That's a strange name." Ron muttered, making Y/n roll her eyes at the boy.

"It's his initials, Ronda." She clarified, making Ron let out an 'oh' in realization.

"Don't know an RAB." Harry spoke.

"I'd assume it's a Black family member." Y/n added, making Hermione look at her in confusion.

"R and B, they could stand for Regulus Black. Slughorn mentioned him at the start of the year." Y/n spoke, expanding on her statement, making Harry and Hermione nod.

"It's a start. But what does the A stand for?" Hermione questioned.

"A middle name, I'd assume." Harry spoke.

"Whoever they are, they have the real horcrux, or had it. Since they're probably dead." Y/n said.

"Which means it was all a waste. All of it." Harry sighed. There was a moment of silence, and Ron smiled slightly, before Hermione spoke up.

"Ron's okay with it, you know. You and Ginny. But if I were, when he's around. I keep the snogging to a minimum." Hermione said, making the three chuckle.

"At least you're not snogging me anymore. I can't believe I had my first kiss with you, when I was drunk too!" Y/n laughed, smacking Harry's arm as her three friends looked at her with sadness.

"What? What's wrong?" Y/n asked.

"Nothing." Ron spoke, and it was clear he lied.

"I'm not coming back, Hermione. And neither is Y/n. We've got to finish whatever Dumbledore started. And I don't know where that'll lead us, Y/n already made it very clear she's going. And we'll let you and Ron know where we are, when we can." Harry spoke, and the duo looked at Hermione sympathetically.

"I've always admired your courage, you two. But sometimes you can be really thick. You don't really think you two can find all those horcruxs by yourselves, do you? As much as you need Y/n, you need Ron and I too." Hermione said, making Y/n smiled slightly and hug the muggle born girl.

"You're right. We couldn't do anything without you, Granger."

"And we need you equally as much, Y/n." She smiled, as the two pulled away.

"I never realized how beautiful this place was." Harry spoke, as the three looked over the landscape. The Phoenix flew past them, and away into the horizon, making Ron get up and watch too, as it flew away.