Year 6 Chapter 1

The summer went excruciatingly slow. It was filled with traveling the to different hospitals, the best money can buy, to treat Y/n sickness. Nothing seemed to work yet. There was so far no cure found, only ways to live with it. Special medication. Emergency inhaler. And possibly surgeries for transplants. Y/n didn't feel different, act different, or be seen differently. Taking medication helped. So did rest. Pain in the chest wasn't frequent or consistent as long as you followed your muggle doctor's instructions. It seemed as you could continue your life normally. As normally as it was.

She hated that her life was revolving around her sickness. She barely saw any of her friends, actually, she saw none of them. She didn't even see Draco. He wrote whenever he could, mostly asking about your health or trying to support his mother and keeping up the family's reputation while only being 16 years old. Neither of you seemed to be having a good summer. Bed rest, no fun food, no going out. And to top it all off, baby Harry cried all the time, all day. But hopefully, this sibling turned out decent, and not corrupt. Maybe if he was placed in Hufflepuff, we'd have a complete set.

However, towards the end of the summer, you were starting to get sick of it. Being treated as if you were a fragile shard of glass while you were mostly fine. And somehow, by a miracle, just when you were about to snap you received and owl from Ron, inviting you two stay the rest of the summer with him. Which you jumped on straight away. Your mother was completely against the idea of you staying anywhere away from her, however your father disagreed. He thought that some time away from always talking about your sickness was exactly what you needed. As long as you weren't running around with Harry Potter constantly.

And after a long conversation, a mutual agreement was reached about running around with Harry Potter. You'd continue your destiny with the blessing that you deserved. As long as you'd make sure you weren't overdoing it. However, you didn't realize then that in less than a year you'd be running around with Harry, literally, as a wanted wizard.

Leaving to the Weasley's was the best decision all summer, especially since the last time you saw Ron and Ginny, you were pissing off Lucius Malfoy and fighting death eaters.

"Y/n! It's so lovely to have you, dear. Now, I know this is the last thing you want to be asked, but you're like a daughter to me, so how's your health?" Molly asked as you arrived via floo powder. You had just set your trucks down as she engulfed you in a tight hug.

"I'm alright Mrs. Weasley. I'm getting better, trust me. Taking my medicines and I fell normal." Y/n smiled, pulling away.

"Is that Y/n's voice?" Ron's words could be heard.

"Y/n? Is she here?!" Hermione's excited voice was also heard, followed by hurried footwork down the stairs. Hermione was the first to arrive, tackling you in a hug, before gasping and pulling away.

"Oh my god! Did I hurt you? Are you okay?" She gasped, checking your face and arms.

"I'm fine, Hermione. My condition is very much internal. And I'm recovering well with my muggle medication. I will be living with it, till a cure is found, but I feel, and can be normal." Y/n spoke as Ron entered too.

"Y/n! Bloody hell I had no idea how you were?!" Ron spoke, hugging you too.

"I'm fine Ronda. Getting better." She said, making Ron sigh in relief.

"Y/n! You're alright!" Ginny smiled, hugging you too.

"Yes, yes, I'm getting better. I'm not dying. And it would be appreciated to avoid the topic, I came here to get away from it." She said, trying to avoid it. People treating her like she was completely sick makes her feel completely sick. The three nodded in understanding, before taking her to the room she'd be staying in. The same one she, Ron, Harry and Nick stayed in for the World Cup.

•—•

That night, you were hanging out with Ron and Hermione, when Ginny's voice was heard from downstairs.

"Mum?!" She called.

"Ginny, what is it?" Mrs. Weasley responded, looking down the banister from the first floor.

"I was only wondering when Harry got here." Harry? Harry as in Harry Potter? At the mention of him you got up and ran to the banister, a few floors above Molly.

"What? Harry? Harry who?" Molly asked in confusion.

"Harry Potter you mean?" Y/n asked, looking down.

"Yes! Harry Potter, of course." Ginny confirmed.

"I think I'd know if Harry Potter was in my house, wouldn't I?" Molly questioned.

"No. He's here, I can feel it. Where, is the question?" Y/n added.

"His trunk's I'm the kitchen, and his owl."

"He doesn't leave his stuff everywhere." Y/n spoke.

"No, dear, I seriously doubt that."

"No, he's here for sure." Y/n said, a but firmer.

"Harry? Did someone say 'Harry?'" Ron asked, appearing too.

"Me, nosy. Is he up there with you? But that wouldn't made sense since he prefers Y/n, and he's not with her." Ginny spoke.

"Of course not! I'd know if one of my best mates was in my room, wouldn't I?" Ron snarked.

"The key phrase is 'one of' in that sentence, since I AM his best fired." Y/n boasted.

"Is that an owl I heard?" Hermione asked, coming over too.

"You haven't seen him, have you?" Ginny asked.

"No. She wouldn't have. She's his least favorite." Y/n snickered.

"Shut up!" Hermione fumed.

"So he's wandering about the house." Ginny spoke.

"Really?" Hermione asked.

"Really." Harry's voice was heard.

"Hazza!" Y/n smiled, making Molly's eyes widen.

"Don't you even dare of using your enhancements, I told your parents I would let-" But before she could finish, Y/n had already disappeared from her spot upstairs.

"This girl!" Molly mumbled and confused downstairs.

Ginny was the first down and hugged Harry, Hermione was second, then Ron and lastly Molly.

"Y/n!" Harry smiled, running up to you as you appeared at the bottom of the stairs. Harry pick you up as he hugged you.

"I didn't see you all summer!" He gasped, setting you down.

"Well, over summer you were at my house, and I was at muggle hospitals all over the world, and when I did come back, you were off on trains all the time"

"Right. Never again." He smiled.

"What a lovely surprise though! Why didn't you tell us you were coming?" Molly asked.

"I didn't know. Dumbledore." Harry grinned

"Oh, that man! But then, what would we do without him." Molly laughed in delight.

"Got a bit of toothpaste." Ron said to Hermione, as he tried to wipe it off her check but she jerked away. And they have each other awkward glances

"About time." Y/n mumbled to Harry, making him snort.