Year 5 Chapter 10

The room was packed with multiple students from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Only two Slytherins were present, two who had already pledged their loyalty to the Golden Team, Theo and Pansy. The Golden Team sat at the front of the room, awkwardly, until Hermione got up.

"Ummm. Hi. So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had real experience defending themselves against the dark arts."

"Remember how that went with Moody?" Y/n asked Ron and he snickered.

"Why?" Someone asked, replying to Hermione's statement.

"Why? Chase You-Know-Who's back you tosspot." Ron hissed.

"She he says." The same guy spoke.

"So Dumbledore says." Hermione defended.

"So Dumbledore says because he says."

"So I say. Cause I can read minds and he isn't lying. And I think everyone knows by now, what I say goes." Y/n snapped.

"The point is though, where's the proof?" The same boy goes on.

"For fuck's sake-" Y/n grumbled, ready to lunge onto the frustrations boy, but Ron held her back.

"Bloody hell, how does Malfoy do this?" He mumbled.

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed—"

"I'm not going to talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, you might as well clear out now." Harry announced.

"You can get out straight away."

"But—"

"I said get out!" And the boy scurried out of the building.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" Luna asked.

"Yes! That's the type of questions we need! And yes, I've seen it." Y/n spoke.

"Blimey, Harry, I didn't know you could do that." Dean spoke on awe.

"And he killed a Basilisk, with the sword in Dumbledore's office. It presented itself to him and Y/n, he then threw the sword to her and she destroyed some Evil diary with Voldemort in it!" Neville said, and everyone started to get excited.

"Third year, he fought off about 100 dementors at once." Ron added.

"And last year, he really did fight off You-Know-Who is the flesh." Hermione finished.

"Wait. Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that, but the truth is, most of that was just luck. And I couldn't do half the things without Y/n by my side. I didn't know what I was doing half the time, and we always made it up along the way."

"He's just being modest." Hermione said.

"No, Hermione, I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow, but out there when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes... you don't know what that's like." Harry protested, and everyone's face turned glum and sad.

"You're right, Harry, we don't." Hermione started.

"That's why we need your help, because if we're going to have any chance of beating... Voldenort." She struggled a bit before saying his name.

"Is he really back?" Nigel asked innocently. Harry nodded.

"Like slim shady." Y/n muttered, trying to diffuse the tension. Then everyone signed a sheet, at the top was written Dumbledore's army. Hermione insisted you were the first signature.

•—•

Harry, Y/n, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, Fred, George and Nick walked together on the rickety bridge.

"Right, firstly we go to find a place to practice where Umbridge won't find out." Harry spoke.

"The shrieking shack?" Ginny asked.

"That's too small."

"Forbidden forest?" Hermione asked.

"Not bloody likely." Ron scoffed.

"Chamber of secrets? It's massive, and only Harry can grant access." Y/n suggested.

"Bit ironic, and it would be really suspicious if mass number of boys kept sneaking into the girl's toilet."

"Harry, what happens if Umbridge does find out?" Ginny asked.

"Kill the bitch." Nick mumbled.

"No! Who cares? I mean, it's sort of exciting isn't it? Breaking to rules?" Hermione spoke.

"Now that's just sad." Y/n mumbled, Hermione scoffed before hitting her playfully.

"You know you love me, Granger." And Hermione slung her arm around Y/n.

"Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?" Ron asked, making everyone laugh.

"Anyway, at least we know one positive thing that came from today." She grinned proudly.

"What's that?" Harry asked.

"Cho couldn't take her eyes off you, could she?"

"I read her mind this time, let's just say you have a good chance." Y/n winked, but another thought flooded into her mind. Ginny's thoughts. She was heartbroken.

"Right. Over the next few days we should each come up with a couple of possibilities of places we can practice. We've got to make sure wherever it is, there's no chance she can find us." That the group didn't notice, was Umbridge looking over them from the clock tower.

•—•

Then another rule was made. 'All student organizations are henceforth disbanded. Any student in noncompliance will be expelled.' You scoffed at her voice over the intercom as you walked with Draco. Her existent was enough to frustrate you.

"It's not like it's a bad thing. It's prevent cults." Draco joked, and you slightly laughed.

"I don't like these stupid rules. She's stripping away out basic rights." Y/n said, as the two continued to hold hands and walk through the halls of Hogwarts.

"Yes, but it's not like you're in any particular clubs." Draco spoke, and you started to tense up.

"Yea. I'm not. Say, if you found out someone was in a club, would you tell Umbridge?"

"Well, that's what this badge is about." He beamed, flashing the Inquisitorial squad badge at you. He was team leader or some crap.

"What if it was me?" She continued.

"Well, I'd probably bend the rules, it's not like you'd be doing something crazily dangerous or risky." He scoffed jokingly.

"Yea, Harry's been out of it, so not much going on." She lied.

"Well, that's great, it means more time with me." He smiled, and slightly kissed you on the lips.