Year 4 Chapter 21

After an hour, Cho and Cedric emerged from the water and she gasped for breath.

"Why the fuck is Potter not back yet?!" Nick cried, as he was restrained by Moody, who was standing next to Draco being restrained by Snape.

"I've been wondering the same thing, mate. Was about to jump in too."

"Been there, done that eh?"

"Ron's mother is making me a T-shirt." Draco nodded a thankful nod to Ron, who was writing a letter to his mother.

Cedric and Cho swam to the docks as everyone cheered for them. Hermione and Krum has come up too, and they swam for the docks.

"Mudblood Granger's here too?" Draco demanded.

"Moody! Let me go or I'll throw you in!"

"Hermione!" Ron cheered, as Viktor lifted her up onto the docks. The two embraced in a hug and she was given a towel. Everyone was chanting Krum.

•—•

Meanwhile, Harry was struggling to lift both Y/n and Gabrielle to the surface, as one hour had started to pass and the effects of the plant was starting to wear off. But one of those octopus elf things but him, and started to drag him down. He let go of the two, sending their bodies up, and they rose just as one hour had been completed. Everyone started to cheer, and Draco's eyes widen.

"Y/N!" And he finally pushed past Snape, diving into the water to get her as she coughed, not realizing where she was. Nick ran to the edge of the dock, holding his hand out for them.

"Come on, Y/n." Draco grunted, pulling a shivering and coughing Y/n to the docks. One the teacher close enough, Nick used his strength to pull both of them up, and Gabrielle was helped by Fleur.

"Take the towel!" Draco spoke, putting two towels on her, and whipping her while she shivered.

"And another!" Nick spoke, ripping the towel off Hermione and drying his sister with it.

"I'm Bloody freezing. To think I was so cheery before they knocked me out."

"Y/n!" Ron and Hermione joined in, hugging their friend.

"Wait, where's Hazza? He rescued me, right?" And out flew Harry, falling at Y/n and Dumbledore's feet.

"Harry!" Dumbledore panicked.

"I'd give you my towels Hazza, but I think I'd get hypothermia."

Harry spat out like half of the Black Lake, and then collapsed onto Y/n, who pulled him into the hug with Ron and Hermione.

"You did it!" She cheered, patting him on the shoulder.

They started wrapping him in towels as the judges were summoned. Then Fleur came up to the group.

"You saved her even though she wasn't yours to save! My little sister. Thank you!" She kissed Harry and Y/n on the cheeks, then got carried away and kissed Ron too.

"Merci." He mumbled, and Draco patted him on the back.

"With rizz." Draco and Nick mumbled. She then rushed off with her sister.

"You did good Hazza!" Y/n spoke.

"I finished last."

"2 people, bonus points, Dumb old door will pull strings. Don't worry."

"Next to last actually, Fleur never got past the Gryndilows." She spoke in a French accent.

"Another person who's French is better than yours!" Draco laughed.

"I will drown you."

"ATTENTION!" Dumbledore interrupted. Wow that guy's a microphone.

"The wonder is Mr. Diggory, using the bubble head charm!" And everyone cheered.

"However, seeing as Mr. Potter would have finished first had it only been for his determination to rescue not only Miss. Spade, but the others as well, ever reward him second place!" And Harry's face changed to one of shock and delight.

"Yes!" Ron cheered.

"Second place!"

"I knew you could do it Hazza! And you did by yourself too! I'm proud."

"Thanks for not killing my girl, Potter."

"For outstanding moral fiber!"

•—•

The group had gotten back to Hogwarts, walking slowly to the castle and they were all wet and freezing.

"All the moral fiber, eh?" Fred teased.

"It's great!"

"Moral fiber." But Harry was stopped by Crouch, and Draco insisted Y/n dried off, otherwise she'd catch a cold, so the duo got split up.

•—•

"I don't particularly appreciate the ministry and 3 schools trying to use you as a Guinea Pig and kill you." Draco grumbled, as you sat on the bathroom counter, hair and clothes wet. He was trying to find you a top to wear, since you accidentally already left a skirt in his room once after spending a Saturday night there.

"I'm not a fan either, but where's your hair dryer? I'm freezing." She muttered. Draco came back with a green hoodie of his.

"It's the only one that will nearly fit you. I know red would probably be a first choice, despite it being my favorite color, I'm not allowed to own too much of it, apparently that's a Gryffindor thing." He mumbled the last part.

Y/n nodded and closed the bathroom door, changing into one of her shorts skirts she left behind and his hoodie, opening the door again. Draco sighed and walked up to her, plugging the hairdryer in and slowly drying her soaking hair.

"Potter wants you to meet with the others at Hagrid's, I hate to ask, but can I come? I just almost lost you, lovely." Draco spoke softly, kissing her forehead.

"Of course you can come Draco. We'll meet them as soon as my hair is dried." She laughed, shaking her head and all the water had fallen on him.

"Hey!" He laughed, using the dryer to defend himself.

"You're going to make us more wet! And we'll take longer!" He spoke, stumbling slightly, as he ran around the room.

"No! I'm going to get water on you!" She laughed and chased him.

"Don't you dare, Y/n!" He spoke, but a knock on his door interrupted him. He went to get it, and was instantly pushed out the way as someone ran inside and tackled Y/n is a hug.

"Thank god you're okay!" Pansy said, it had indeed been a while since you spoke to her. You wrote to her and went to a few parties, but being busy with Harry meant less time for other people.

"You know me. I wouldn't let you escape THAT easily." She smirked, and Pansy pulled away, noticing Draco.

"Oh! You're here. Do you mind giving us some alone time?" To which Draco gasped.