Year 6 Chapter 18

As the duo made their way to the common room, they caught a glimpse of Draco Malfoy going up a spiral staircase, his robe trailing behind him and his prefect badge that was on his tie shinning. The duo silently followed Malfoy, only to meet a dead end and lose him.

"Room of Requirements." They mumbled in unison, sharing a look.

And in Y/n's head, soft crying was heard, and she knew who they belonged to. He was begging for help. Meanwhile, Amelia grinned at the sight of the dead bird.

•—•

The Golden Team were eating breakfast, in their normal seating arrangement. Then it suddenly started to snow.

"Stop it, Ron. You're making it snow." Hermione spoke up, then Harry dusted the snow off.

"Is it just me, or is Hermione's hair color starting to match Ron's." But that comment was ignored.

"Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again." Ron asked Hermione.

"I'd honestly expect me to be the one in the hospital wing this year, really took us for surprise."

"Um. Well—" Hermione started at the two on the opposite side started at her.

"Actually—"

"Shut up, Y/n. This is a Hermione moment." Harry hissed.

"S-she came to visit you in the hospital. And you talked. I don't believe it was a particularly long conversation." Hermione stuttered.

"That was awkward." Harry mumbled.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her."

"Ouch."

"It's just she seems a bit put out." They all turned back to see Lavender glaring, grabbing her spoon tightly, looking like she was going to bend it.

"Imagine having an ex." Y/n snickered.

"Yes. She does, doesn't she?" Hermione smirked. And they Al stopped looking at her.

"You say you don't remember anything from that night? Anything at all?" Hermione pressed.

"There is something. Apart from Y/n and the firewhiskey. But it can't be. I was completely boggled." Ron spoke.

"Right. Boggled." Hermione muttered.

"Double ouch." Harry mumbled.

"Harry, Y/n! That's Katie!" Hermione whispered, catching the two's attention.

"Katie Bell."

"Shit's about to go down. Remember to stay calm, Hazza. Like I was when Ron was dying." Y/n spoke as she got up, Harry got up too, closing and picking up the two as they approached Katie.

"Katie. How are you?" Harry asked.

"I hope you're alright." Y/n sighed, pulling the girl into a hug, which she returned.

"Thank you, Y/n. However, I know you're going to ask, Harry. But I don't know who cursed me." Katie sighed, shaking her head.

"Shame on you, Hazza."

"No, no. It's fine, Y/n. I've been trying to remember myself. Honestly, but I just can't." She sighed, then her eyes widened as she looked past the two.

Draco Malfoy stood in the center of the Great Hall, looking absolutely petrified. Then as quickly as he arrived, he turned around and left, seeing Harry glaring at him.

"Katie." Leanne came up behind her, and the two left as you offered them a final smile. You turned back around to see Harry walking away, chasing someone, that someone being Draco.

"Harry, don't do anything stupid." You said. As you caught up with him. The duo pushed through several people, then turned a corner. Y/n mainly went to make sure Harry didn't do something absolutely stupid out of his hatred.

The two cautiously entered the boy lavatory, to see Draco leaning against the sink, crying. His vest on the floor.

"Harry, maybe this isn't a good time." But he only shrugged her off. Draco started to cry louder, and Y/n's heart broke.

"I know what you did, Malfoy. You hexed her, didn't you?" Harry spoke, and out of pure anger Draco threw a spell at Harry, which he dodged, and the two of you were pushed behind a wall. Harry threw one back, and Draco jumped out of the way, making the spell hit the sink and the water to flow.

"Boys! Stop it!" Y/n shouted, as she tried to restrain Harry.

Harry ran around a corner, only for Draco to be waiting and fire a spell, which exploded another toilet. The two continued to aimlessly throw spells at each other.

"Cut it out!" Y/n yelled. Harry raised his wand to attack Draco, only for her to lunge at the boy, but before his wand flew out of his hand, he managed to cast the curse.

"Sectumsempra!" Harry shouted, and Draco went flying back.

"Harry, you idiot! You don't know what that does!" Y/n continued, getting off the brown haired boy and running over to Draco. Harry followed too, they peaked around the corner to see Draco on the floor, several cuts over his body, bleeding to death.

"Draco!" Y/n called, sitting beside the boy and trying to stop the blood by placing her palms on the cuts.

"Please. Please. Please." She mumbled. To Harry it looked like she was about to cry... she never cried. Even her own parents admitted that the last time she cried was probably when she was born.

"Please. Please. Please." She conifer to ramble, the scarlet mist forming in her shaking hands, preventing the blood from flowing too quickly. But the magic was dying out seeing as she was a nervous wreck.

"Don't just stand there! Do something!" She shouted at Harry, as he remained stunned.

"Y/n... please, help me." Draco gasped out, barely able to speak. He was crying in pain and the blood was everywhere. Luckily, Snape came in, glaring at Harry before casting the reverse spell, making the blood flow back in, and fixing him.

"Harry! You Bastard!" Y/n shouted after him, as he was walking away.

"I'm the bastard!? You didn't do shit when Ron almost died!" He shouted back, walking back towards the girl.

"Talk to me like that, or touch Draco ever again, it's not me who'll come to teach you a lesson. It'll be the Scarlet Witch." Y/n spoke, pushing past Harry and following Draco (who was being carried by Snape) to the hospital wing.

•—•

Y/n sat beside Draco's hospital bed, refusing to leave. Snape tried to physically remove her from Draco's bed side, but failed as she'd kicked him in the shins, thus, everyone gave up.

"Y/n... are you okay?" Hermione asked, walking into the Hospital Wing, Ron following behind her.

"I think you'd be glad to know, we made Harry get rid of the book." Hermione said, coming up behind you and placing a hand on your shoulder.

"I don't want to hear, see or talk to him. Not after this."

"N/n, you got to understand why Harry did it. He wasn't thinking, and he's hated Malfoy. Right to, Malfoy's troubled us for years."

"Amelia's troubled me for years, you don't see me killing her."

"Ronald, you have no right to defend Harry! This was completely out of line!" Hermione scolded Ron.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. But, Harry need you now. Something to do with Dumbledore and Slughorn." Ron spoke.

"That can wait."

"Lovely, go." Draco's voice spoke, as he woke up.

"I'm not leaving you here. Especially not after the fact that you just work up—"

"Darling, go. I need to have a word with Granger and Weasley, anyway." Y/n looked at him skeptically, why did he want to talk to those two?

"Why?"

"It's important. I'll tell you everything later, but Dumbledore, Slughorn and Potter need you. Go." He insisted, squeezing your hand.

"You better not be dead when I get back."