Year 4 Chapter 16

Harry walked with Ron and Y/n in the quad, complaining about something.

"Why do they have to travel in packs."

"Instinct really, I hate walking alone, that's why I always walk with you or Ron, or sometimes even the Slytherins gang." She replied, eating a packet of sweets she shared with Ron.

"How are you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?" They walked past the Ravenclaw girls, only to be glared at and judged.

"Hi Y/n!" They smiled, and Y/n politely waved back before turning around and making a confused face, as she didn't know any of their names but Cho's.

"She has a fan club, not fair." Harry mumbled.

"Blimey, Harry. You've slayed dragons. If you can't get a date, who can?"

"I'd take the dragon right now."

"Me. I was asked by 4 Hogwarts, 2 Beauxbatons and 7 Durmstrangs. It's hard declining all of them you know? " she made a tired face, making the boys scoff.

"That's just mad."

Fleur Delacour came up to the three, Ron's mood lit up, maybe his dreams and fantasies were coming true. They'd dance the night away a share a kiss at midnight! But his face fell when she opened her mouth.

"Y/n! Would you like to accompany me to the ball?" She asked. Her hopes high.

"I'd love to! But is it alright if I confirm by the end of tomorrows Fleur?" She asked politely and the boys gasped. Fleur smiled and nodded, kissing her on the cheek and walking off.

"3 Beauxbatons." She grinned.

•—•

The quad say by the black lake as Krum exercised, a pack of girls following him. And Hermione snarled in disgust.

"Y/n? Could I speak with you please?" Krum asked. She nodded and they walked slightly far out.

"Would you go to the ball with me?" He asked. She frowned and rubbed his arm.

"I'm sorry Viktor. But I can't, I already said yes to someone else. But I know the perfect girl for you! Hermione Granger. Ask her." She lied about the part when she said yes to someone else. Krum nodded, accepting fate.

"Thank you Y/n. You are as kind as you are beautiful." And she grinned, going back to her friends.

•—•

Later that day, Y/n sat with her friends doing her homework. She was weighing her option for her date. Fleur was promising, and Cedric was a charm. Draco hasn't mentioned it, so she'd have to ask him. And finally, Harry as a friend.

"I can't believe you've been asked by all the champions plus others!" Harry mumbled.

"You better believe it."

"This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." And Snape pushed his head down.

"Well, us and Neville." Harry chuckled.

"Yeah, but, then again, he can take himself." And the two other fun friends laughed.

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone."

"Now that's just sad."

"Now I'm really depressed." And Y/n continued studying, but it was interrupted by the funniest thing that day.