Year 5 Chapter 21

Bellatrix Lestrange smirked, getting away. Harry broke free from Lupin, running after her. Y/n, seeing this, ran after him as her brother and father called in protest.

"I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black!" Bellatrix sang as the two chased after her.

"Crucio!" Harry shouted, making Bellatrix trip over and gasp and wimped in fright.

"Harry don't, the aurors will be here and she'll go to Azkaban." But Harry was blinded by rage and continued to point his wand at her. Then the room went cold and Lestrange chuckled as Voldemort himself appeared. He disarmed the duo in an instant, pointing his wand at them. He cast a nonverbal spell with a strong green light, which was countered by the red energy as Y/n stood in front of Harry. The two held the stance for long until the scarlet force started to overpower the green light, and Voldemort went flying back. And just as he was staring to get up for round two, Dumbledore arrived.

"It was foolish of you two come here tonight, Tom. The aurors are on their way." Dumbledore spoke.

"By which time I shall be gone, and you... shall be dead." He got his wand at ready, and Dumbledore spun his to flick Harry and Y/n out of the way, as Bellatrix skid to a chimney and vanished.

"Badass." You mumbled. But quickly formed a scarlet barrier around you and Harry, who huddled on the floor as sparks flew towards you. Harry shuffled up as close to you as possible, wrapping an arm around you, as you used both hands to keep us the barrier. Voldemort then started to breathe fire and a fire snake flew towards the pair of you, it was hard to keep up the shield against it, and a slight pain in your chest occurred, as you continued to resist against the flame it grew, making it difficult to breathe. Dumbledore luckily got rid of the fire, just as you lost energy and fell to the ground.

"Y/n!" Harry shouted, looming over you as everything began to blur.

•—•

You woke up, slowly opening your eyes, adjusting to the bright light and white everywhere. Consistent beeps were heard from the machine beside you, showing your heart was beating. You slowly sat up in the bed, realizing you were in a hospital. St. Mungos to be specific.

"Y/n! Oh thank god." Your mother spoke, tackling you in a hug as tears fell from her eyes.

"They didn't know if you'd make it." She mumbled as she buried her face in your shoulder.

"Darling." Marcus Spade sighed in relief as he walked into the room, seeing you awake.

"What happened." You mumbled, seeing Nick asleep beside you.

"He refused to leave." Lyra smiled at her sleeping son. You looked at him. He was peaceful... too peaceful. Which meant you needed to wake him up. You best down to his ear and blew in it, making him jump.

"Aye! Who did that?" He grumbled, half sleepy.

"Not me." You mumbled from beside him.

"Y/n!" He smiled, his eyes lighting up and embracing you.

"Missed you too. But what happened?" Y/n asked again.

"WHERE IS SHE?" A voice was heard from outside.

"Sir, that's confidential—"

"TELL US WHERE SHE IS BEFORE WE CRUCIO YOUR ASS!" Another voice called, equally angry.

"TELL US WHICH ONE IS HER ROOM, OR I'LL BE TAKING YOU DOWN INSTEAD OF VOLDEMORT!" The first voice spoke again.

"Room 305!" The worker broke down crying. And footsteps running was heard.

"Whoever they're seeing is going to have some serious second hand embarrassment." Y/n mumbled, but the footsteps stopped outside her room.

"Oh fuck no." She sighed, and the two ran in, revealing Harry and Draco.

"Y/n!" They shouted in unison, running up to her and hugging either side of her. The two crawled into the bed too, making it creek.

"Move up, I want to sit next to her!" Draco hissed, elbowing Nick out of the way, sitting next to his girlfriend.

"Maybe don't squish her too hard—" Lyra spoke.

"Good idea!" Harry spoke, lifting Y/n up and placing her on Draco.

"This is so inappropriate." Y/n mumbled.

"Lyra, the baby's crying." Tonks and Reamus walked in, holding a baby in their hand.

"Is that your baby?!" Y/n shouted, looking at her parents.

"We were going to tell you about it after you came back from Hogwarts, but he decided to come out while you were in your coma." Lyra explained.

"I think I'm going back into that coma." Y/n mumbled.

"No way, you were out 2 weeks!" Draco screeched, holding Y/n tighter.

"2 weeks?" Y/n shouted.

"If everyone can please calm down, I do not want my niece going back into a coma." A woman spoke, waking into the room. She had long brown hair, honey skin with feel green eyes, she was tall and wore black heels and a doctor's coat.

"Aunt Marine?" You mumbled as she walked in. Aunt Marine was your dad's sister, and was kicked out of the family for being sorted into Slytherin. She went on a rebellion streak and is now a bad bitch, who's unmarried, dating someone new every month, and in her mid twenties. She's disappeared for the longest time, visiting occasionally with expensive gifts with the money of her many wealthy husbands. Even though she was a Slytherin, even she didn't get along with Amelia. Which just proved it wasn't her being a Slytherin that made everyone hate her, it was the bratty personality.

"Yes. It's so good to see you Y/n. I was your healer while you were in your coma." She spoke.

"Hold that thought, what's my baby brother's name?" You asked, looking at your parents.

"Harry. In honor of the boy who saved our daughter's life that night." They smiled, giving Harry a nod of thank you.

"I'm so confused, you saved my life?"

"He did. Shielded you from like a million shards of glass. He got a bit bruised up." Nick nodded.

"Wow... okay. But um... can we rewind to my coma?" Y/n asked.

"Yes. Let's talk about that." Draco spoke, worry laced in his tone.

"Right. Y/n has a Muggle condition."

"Ah shit, you couldn't of married a pure blood?" Draco grumbled, looking at Mr. Spade.

"It's not inherited, Mr. Malfoy." Marine spoke, shutting up Draco.

"It's a Muggle condition called alveolar hypoxia." She spoke, making Y/n worry and Draco panic.

"Stop shaking, I'm the one sick." Y/n spoke.

"Yea but If you die I'll be upset, not you, you'll be busy being dead." Draco spoke.

"She isn't dying!" Marine Interrupted sternly.

"It's a condition where the alveoli can't take in enough Oxygen and the gas exchange in restricted. She takes in less oxygen than the average person, so if she over exhausts herself her body will face a lack of oxygen and could lead to organ failure, but that's one extreme. Her condition isn't that severe yet, but over exhaustion should be avoided. Rest it out a bit." She explained, making Y/n's face fall.

"I'm sorry, honey. But from next year, it's an end to these adventures." Lyra spoke.

"No. That's a no. I'll be fine. You can't go against nature and Godric Gryffindor."

"Y/n it might be for the best—"

"Draco, it isn't. I'm going to do what it takes to help Harry kill Voldenort, disease or no disease."