Year 6 Chapter 20

"Sir." Harry spoke after seeing the member, but Dumbledore only motioned him to stop, and went over to the steps, sitting down.

"This is beyond anything I've imagined." Dumbledore gasped.

"You mean to say he succeeded, sir, in making a horcrux?" Harry asked.

"Several. He's made more than one for sure." Y/n muttered.

"He's definitely succeeded, Harry." Dumbledore added.

"What are they exactly?" Harry asked.

"Could be anything. Most commonplace of objects." Dumbledore grunted as he got up, walking over to his desk.

"A ring for example." He spoke, pushing a ring towards the duo, as they walked up to his desk.

"Tom Riddle's diary." Y/n muttered, realizing that it was probably one.

"Indeed, Y/n." Dumbledore spoke, holding up the diary that had a stab in it.

"It's a Horcrux, yes. Four years ago, when you two Ginny Weasley's life in the chamber of secrets you brought me this. I knew then this was a different kind of magic. Very dark, very powerful. But until tonight I had no idea how powerful." Dumbledore spoke, as the two looked at him.

"And the ring?" Harry asked.

"Belonge to Voldemort's mother. Difficult to find, even more difficult to destroy." Dumbledore shoved his other hand, which was completely black.

"Sword of Gryffindor? It destroyed the diary, can't it destroy this one?" Y/n asked.

"No. I used the sword to kill the basilisk. We destroyed the diary with a basilisk fang." Harry said, and then moved topics

"But if you find them all, if you destroy each Horcrux—" Harry started.

"One destroys Voldemort." Dumbledore confirmed.

"But how'd you find them?" Harry asked.

"He was at Hogwarts for seven years, he must've found something here that he made into a horcrux, right?" Y/n asked, and Dumbledore's eyes widen.

"You're onto something, there is definitely one here. I'll see to that I start the search for it." Dumbledore said, making Harry and Y/n nod

"They could be hidden anywhere, couldn't they?" Harry asked.

"True. But magic, especially dark magic—" Dumbledore started, but shut his mouth as Harry flicked the ring, and a vision appeared in his head, and he shook his head to get rid of it. Dumbledore's face showed nothing bye realization, and Y/n's bowed horror.

"Leaves traces." Dumbledore finished, trying to hide his shock. Y/n eyed Dumbledore, wondering if she should tell Harry, or would Dumbledore tell him.

'When the time is right...' Dumbledore's voice flooded Y/n's head. And she knew it then there, this would be the biggest secret she's know and have to keep, no matter the consequences. Her best friend, standing right beside her, was a horcrux himself.

Dumbledore walked around his desk and in front of the two, pleading with his eyes that Y/n shouldn't say a word. And from behind Harry, she nodded, willing to keep the secret.

"That's where you've been going, haven't you, sir? When you leave the school?" Harry asked.

"Yes." Dumbledore simply replied, brushing off the fact that Harry was a Fricking horcrux.

"And I think perhaps I may have found another." Dumbledore spoke, making Y/n unsure of what he was talking about. 

"But this time, I cannot hope to destroy it alone. Once again, I must ask to much of you, Harry, Y/n." And the two intensely looked at the other.

"Anything it takes, sir." Y/n replied.

•—•

Harry and Y/n walked up the Astronomy Tower just as Snape and Dumbledore finished and argument and Sevy left. The two saw Dumbledore, standing near the balcony and admiring the view, and the duo joined him.

"Oh, Harry, Y/n. Harry, you need a shave, my friend. You know, at time, I forget how much you two have grown. At times, I still see the small boy from the cupboard, and the young girl who's anger created catastrophic results due to her enhancements. You've learned to control and enhance them well, haven't you? Forgive my mawkishness, you two. I'm an old man." Dumbledore spoke.

"You still look the same to me sir." Harry said, making Dumbledore chuckle.

"Nah, he definitely changed in third year, but from then on he's looked the same."

"Just like your mother, you're unfailingly kind. A trait people never fail to undervalue, I'm afraid. And you're just like your father, always speaks his mind, a trait most wishes they could only posses." Then he took a deep inhale, which meant it was going to get serious.

"This place to which we journey tonight is extranet dangerous. I promised you two could accompany me, and I stand by that promise. But there is one condition: You two must obey every command I give you, without question." He spoke, and the two nodded.

"Yes, sir." Harry confirmed.

"You two do understand what I'm saying? Should I tell you to hide, you hide. Should I tell you to run, you run. Should I tell you to abandon me and save yourselves, you just do so." Y/n was left with her mouth hanging open, how could she leave him to die?

"Your word, Harry, Y/n."

"My word." Harry answered.

"I can't give it to you, sir. I'm case the situation of you dying occurs, I simply can't watch you die while I do nothing. I'm afraid, you just do this without me." Y/n spoke, taking her leave. She did feel guilty for not going with them, but she also knew her hero complex would stop her from following his demands.

•—•

"Hey, ferret. How're you feeling?" Y/n spoke, as she entered the Hospital Wing, walking over to his bed.

"Scared." He mumbled, as you crawled into the bed with him. The two covered themselves with the white blanket, resting their backs against the pillow.

"Is it?—"

"Yes. It's tonight, Y/n. Tonight's mine and Amelia's task." Draco huffed, and you held his hand, squeezing it reassuringly.

"Draco, you got to remember, I'm going to be beside you, through it all—"

"Y/n. You are the most beautiful, wonderful, brilliant, cunning, person I know. You've loved me more then anyone else has ever. You and I have practically grown up together, lovely. And I couldn't love anyone more than I could ever love you. And once this task is over, I know our paths are going to lead us to different destinations, and I can't have you worry or fuss about me constantly, cause bloody Voldemort is living in my damn houses. And you have great, great things to accomplish, not to mention killing Voldemort. I'm sorry, Y/n Lyra Spade, fate will lead us back to each other, but if something happens to me... and we don't. I can't have you live with that burden. I love you, so much."

"Draco, what are you doing—" But she didn't notice as he brought his wand up to her head, placing it against her, he muttered the one word, which horrified her.

"Obliviate."

White wisps and memories started to flow out of her, one by one, her eyes greet heavy, and a pounding headache begun. Draco silently cried and his hand shook as he maintained the spell.

"Draco... please. No. I have to go see Harry and Dumbledore..." she let out weakly, trying to keep her eyes open as she felt lightheaded.

"Shhh... it'll all be over soon, my love."

"Love..." She mumbled... as she slipped out of consciousness, falling to the side and into his lap.

"I'm sorry, lovely." He muttered, placing her head on the bed, before getting off and putting his shoes on. He walked to the entrance, turning the corner before looking back at his love for one last time.

"I love you, I hope you understand that's why it must be done." He sighed, walking away and wiping away the tears.