Year 6 Chapter 7

After the memory played, it was like watching a TV show, Harry rose his head from the water, Y/n exited his mind. The two looked at Dumbledore, who stood still, watching them.

"Did you know, sir? Then?" Harry asked.

"If he did, what was he meant to do? Kill the child?" Y/n asked.

"Yes, actually. Many innocent lives would be spared."

"Harry, If something happens in the past, the futures will be altered. For all we know, I might've been born as a muggle on India, while you might have never existed at all." Y/n spoke.

"Y/n is correct, Harry. And no, I did not know I just met the most dangerous dark wizard of all. If I had... I would have... however, there is no going back in time. Over time while here at Hogwarts, Tom Riddle grew close to one particular teacher. Can you two guess who that teacher might be?" Dumbledore's asked, making the two eye him suspicious.

"You didn't bring Professor Slughorn back simply to teach Potions, did you, sir?" Harry asked, catching on.

"No, I did not."

"I think he might be catching onto that fact too." Y/n added.

"You see, Professor Slughorn possesses something I desire very dearly. And he will not give it up easily." Dumbledore continued.

"You said Professor Slughorn would try to collect me, collect us." Harry stated.

"I did."

"Do you want us to let him?" Y/n asked.

"Yes." Dumbledore breathed, and the two started to exit the office. Harry went out first, however, Y/n turned around, looking at Dumbledore.

"I think you should tell him about the horcruxs."

"When the time is right. But, Y/n, you really should stop reading minds... cause sometimes... you might find something you wish you'd never." He finished, as you nodded, leaving the room.

"I never did fully trust him"

•—•

The next day, Harry and Y/n stood in front of a group of agitated Gryffindors, as they fought each other with their brooms. This year, the two were co-captains of the team, seeing as Angelina had finished her schooling last year.

"You doing the talking, or am I?" Y/n asked her best friend.

"I will."

"You're not going to stand a chance."

"Shut up."

"I'll give you 3 minutes." Harry scoffed at his best friend, turning to the Gryffindors.

"Alright, ummm, okay, so this morning, I'm gonna be putting you all through a few frills just to assess your strengths. Quiet. Please." Harry stuttered as nobody listened.

"Shut it, pricks!" Y/n yelled, and everyone instantly quieted down, looking at the co-captains. Harry looked at Y/n with a 'I had it under control' look.

"Your 3 minutes were up." She smiled, sarcastically.

"Thanks, I guess. Alright. Umm. Now then, remember, just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year. Is that clear?" Harry instructed. He had a number 7 on his uniform, for this birth month, while you had an 8, got yours.

"Good." Harry nodded, as everyone confirmed they understood what he said. From the stands, Hermione and Nick were watching.

Harry divided everyone into two teams, depending on which position they were going to play. As Harry was already the seeker, nobody was trying out for that position. The snitch wasn't in the game and everyone was just scoring points. Only two chasers would be chosen as well, since Y/n was lead chaser. Ginny played in the game, as you and Harry sat in the center, on your brooms, referring the match. There were a lot of shit players, falling of their broom every second. Cormac was doing really well, defending all the shots. So was Ron... but in a more messy way. One block even made him fall off his broom, clinging on.

"Come on Ron." Harry mumbled.

"You so realize, even if we love Ron dearly, we might have to pick Cormac." Y/n spoke, not wanting that man whore on her team.

"Exactly why Ron must win." Harry countered.

"Yea, I don't fancy that man whore on the teams."

As Ginny went to score, Cormac was suddenly shoved out of the way by an invisible force, confusing you and Harry. You glanced around, to see Hermione covering her mouth.

"Hazza." Y/n called, nodding her head towards Hermione, who was grinning mischievously.

"You sure?" Harry asked.

"Confundus charm. Read her mind."

"Well, we can't expose that, Gryffindor will be known for cheating." Harry argued.

"True. Ron it is then." Y/n nodded, writing 'Ron Weasley - Keeper' on her sheet of paper.

•—•

The Golden Team sat in the Gryffindors common room. Ron and Hermione on the couch, Y/n and Harry on the floor.

"I have to admit, I thought I was gonna miss that last one. I hope Cormac's not taking it too hard." Ron boasted.

"I kinda wish you did miss it, seeing as it hit you on the head and messed something up in there." Y/n mumbled, referring to the fact that he was acting so full of himself.

"He's got a bit of a thing for you Y/n. Cormac. But I told him you were taken, so now he's got a thing for Hermione." Ron spoke.

"This is fourth year all over again." Harry mumbled, as he read his potions book. Y/n leaned on his shoulder, reading it too as he wrapped an arm around her.

"He's vile." Hermione breathed, regretting using that damn charm. Ron sighed, looking over his shoulder to see Lavender Brown gazing at him, dreamily.

"Have you ever heard of this spell? Sectumsempra?" Harry asked, leaning closer into you, to show the spell.

"Wanna test it out?" She asked, getting her wand ready.

"No! I haven't! And you can not test it out, you don't know what it'll do!" Hermione snapped.

"I think that's the point of testing it out, Granger." Y/n snickered.

"If Harry had a shred of self-respect, you'd hand that book in." Hermione lecturer.

"Not bloody likely. He's top of the class. He and Y/n are even better than you, Hermione. Slughorn thinks they're geniuses." Ron spoke, making Hermione glare at him.

"I'd like to know whose that book was. Let's have a look." Hermione started, inching closer to the duo, as they shuffled away.

"No!" Harry snapped, getting up and picking up Y/n with him.

"Why not?" Hermione pushed.

"The binding is fragile." Harry mumbled.

"That's a shitty excuse. I can't defend you on that one."

"The binding is fragile?" Hermione mocked, not realizing Ginny was behind him, she got up, grabbing the book from behind Harry, opening it.

"Who's the half blood Prince?" Ginny asked, walking away from Harry.

"Who?" Hermione asked.

"I bet they were a nerd."

"That's what it says right here: this book is property of the Half-Blood Prince." Ginny spoke, closing the book and tossing it back for Harry.

"Doesn't matter right now, we have a party starting in a half hour." Y/n spoke, going up to her dorm room to get ready.