Year 6 Chapter 2

(Author's note: our new character, shall be played by Aidan Gallagher, aka who plays Five Hargreeves in the Umbrella Academy.)

The Golden Team sat in their pajamas, around a copy of the daily prophet which was lit on fire. Hermione and Ron sat opposite each other whole Harry sat beside Y/n, as they leaned against the couch.

"So, when did you two get here?" Harry asked, breaking the silence.

"A few days ago." Hermione spoke.

"This morning. I needed an escape from all the talk about being unwell." I replied.

"Though for a while, I wasn't sure I was coming." Hermione added.

"Mum sort of lose it last week. Said Ginny and I had no business going back to Hogwarts. Said it's too dangerous." Ron agreed.

"My parents don't appreciate it either, said I couldn't keep running around with you. But that's just health stuff, on regular terms they wouldn't mind. Mum even suggested I finished my schooling in a muggle school."

"But you're the chosen one too! Gryffindor wouldn't have trusted you if he thought you couldn't do it." Harry argued.

"I think my parents worry about me before the future of the Wizarding world. Which is ridiculous." Y/n scoffed.

"They're not alone either. Even my parents, and they're muggles, know something bad is happening." Hermione added.

"Oh, come on." Harry mumbled.

"Anyway, back to my story, Dad stepped in, told her she was being barmy and it took a few days, but she came around." Ron finished.

"But this is Hogwats we're taking about. It's Dumbledore. What could be safer?"

"Well, seeing as Hermione was stoned in second year, along with Ron being crushed by rocks, you and I fighting a snake and being bit by it. Then followed by us getting bruised in the Womping Willow, talking to an escaped prisoner, hunted by werewolves and dementors. Then you almost being brunt, three of us almost drowning, and an attack by Voldemort. And the cherry on top was when a teacher performed the cruciatus curse on two students, then all of us running away and fighting death eaters. Putting it that way, Hogwarts doesn't sound safe." Y/n rambled, which made Hermione nod in agreement, Ron snicker and Harry sigh.

"There's also been a lot of talk recently that Dumbledore's got a bit old." Hermione's added, gloomily.

"Rubbish. Well, he's only— What is he?" Harry stuttered.

"Hundred and fifty? Give it take a few years." Ron spoke.

"I'd say take, did you see how he ran at Harry in fourth year. He's in shape." Which made Ron and Hermione burst out laughing and Harry chuckle. What the quad didn't notice, was a photo of Draco Malfoy frowning as his photo was taken in the burning paper.

•—•

"Step up. Step up. We've got fainting fancies." The Weasley twins shouted in sync, as they stood on the steps on their shop. There were sweets and toys and trinkets everywhere.

"This place is wicked." Y/n laughed as she stood with her friends. Harry ended up buying some strange powder, which you hoped he'd never use near you. You were looking at the love potions, which you were certain probably didn't work, when someone came up behind you.

"Got someone special in mind?" A male voice sounded behind you. You turned around to see a boy with jet black hair, it was slightly messy, but mostly combed well. He had deep green eyes and one dimple on his right cheek. He wasn't too tall, taller than you for sure though. He wore a navy blue suit, with his hands tucked in his blazer pocket, and was slightly slouched.

"I wouldn't need this for them." Y/n chuckled, but there was a hint on uncertainty in her voice, he hadn't written all summer. Not even a Happy Birthday. Maybe he was loosing feelings.

"Then again, you can never be too sure." She mumbled.

"Hasn't written to you all summer, has he?" The boy asked, slinging an arm around your shoulder.

"No. He hasn't. But he isn't like that." Y/n spoke, defending her boyfriend.

"Well, whoever he is, probably not worth it, considering he's given you zero percent of his attention." The boy continued.

"I'm Matthew, Matthew Hargreeves." He spoke, holding his arm out for her to shake.

"Y/n, Y/n Spade." She smiled, shaking the boy's hand. She had to admit he was cute.

"I know. I did come here for an autograph, but a friendship seemed better." He laughed.

"I haven't seen you around...?" Y/n trailed off.

"I'm transferring to Hogwarts this year. Ilvermorny, sadly, doesn't offer some subjects for our versions of NEWTs. It's better if I studied here." He spoke.

"Well, always remember, you already have one friend at Hogwarts." She smiled.

"I will. Thank you, Y/n." He grinned.

"Y/n! Let's go!" Harry called from the door.

"Coming!" She shouted, saying a quick goodbye to Matthew before following her friends out.

"Where's Amelia been all summer?" Harry asked out of curiosity as the quad walked out of the shop.

"At some Slytherin friend's house. She's been acting strange. Very strange. I even heard her say she hates muggle borns, and had a whole rant about pure blood supremacy at dinner once. Even called my mum a filthy muggle. She's gone mad, I tell you. I saw one of her letters. She wrote something about might as well siding with the dark lord. Apparently she believes in his twisted mind and teachings." Y/n scoffed.

Prior to your sister, there were only two other Slytherins. One was the last and forgotten child of Gryffindor himself, but they were disowned, banished, and due to the depression it caused him, hung himself in only his second year... he was 12. The second was Aunt Marine. She was disowned and cut off at 11. But she built a life for herself. Despite being in Slytherin, Aunt Marine was a member of the Order of the Phoenix, and supports Harry. She was anti pureblood supremacy and believed in equality. Your Father was going to be cut off too, for marrying a muggle, however your Wizarding grandparents were killed in the first Wizarding war before the Will was changed or information was leaked to the public. Nick was the first Ravenclaw, and your father was thrilled. He wanted to change the old ways and accept his children, even if they were sorted into different houses. However, Amelia was the first odd one. She was sorted into Slytherin, but she was vile and cruel, she supported pureblood supremacy, despite that nobody in your family history had ever. She really was the Black Sheep